Woke up this morning, dragged my son out of bed and made the trip down to the workshop.
Its the last visit for 2016 and I was feeling pretty happy with my self knowing that in a couple of layers of filler I could call the front finished. Or as close as I can before Chris gives it his attention prior to moulding.
The trip was long and hampered by the fog but we arrived in good spirits.
I mixed up the first batch of filler and got on with the task.
But something wasn't quite right and the filler was not hardening properly.
I made up 3 more batches, each a little "hotter" than the previous but I guess the damp in the air was not helping.
Added to this that the abrasive paper was clogging very fast, once again I presume the moisture in the air was hindering.
I turned my attention to the rear. There is a large amount of filling to be done to blend the two shapes, so I opted for builders poly foam.
It is relatively cheap and expands to cover the area quickly and is easily shaped when its hard.
But this also didn't go to plan.
The foam hardly expanded and in the 2 hours I was there it wasn't setting.
Its messy stuff at the best of times, I scrapped up the foam that was on the floor.
It was just after midday when I gave up feeling pretty frustrated.
The front is close to being finished but I would still like one more round of filling and sanding.
The rear will require a rethink. But other than a small chance of another trip down between Christmas and New year next year is already booked up with work.
March looks like the first time I can get back on it.
Stoneleigh 2017 is not looking likely - hopefully 2018
But the Z3 is still on the road as my summer run around.
Merry Christmas all