Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 6th August 2012, 10:03

davecymru is on a distinguished road
Default 1,000 miles in a Spyder already!

Yesterday mornings "quick blat" to get some petrol in between showers means that my Spyder has now done 1,000 miles since i completed it in Jan!

Those have been a good mix of about 70% lanes/A roads and 30% motorway and i've used it for the commute a few times now

I must admit that I'm only now just starting to relax and enjoy it rather than endlessly worry that every little squeak, rattle and shake is the onset of me about to plummet through a hedge in a ball of flames!

There have been a few more bits-n-bobs that i've noticed due to aging and i'll update my running report soon on so that people are aware and hopefully during your builds you can design around some troubles later-on.

Now time to tuck it away for a while as I'm off somewhere sunny then when I'm back it's time to address the crack on the bonnet and the paint sinkage on the scuttle in time for Exeter!

Available from eBay
Old 6th August 2012, 10:09

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Are the ageing problems in you or your car?

Seriously though, well done for getting such an obviously dangerous financial liability through its first thousand miles unscathed.

Enjoy your holiday, I'm off to a Spanish Island myself on Friday, my wife says they're Balearics but I thought it was quite nice last year

Once we get back I'll try to arrange my DVLA rebody inspection. Just need a guaranteed dry day which ain't happening at the mo
Old 6th August 2012, 10:24

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Just think of the depreciation each time you take it out. I wouldn't drive it at all.

Looking forward to getting a heads-up on those early miles. I'm hoping to build-in some bug fixes.
Old 6th August 2012, 19:02

Roadster is on a distinguished road

No matter how well built every car that is built goes through the adjustment and little repairs- its all part of the fun. At least our fun is cheaper than some. Imagine the tears in your eyes when you need to redress your 20k cobra build.
Hopefully we can get these cars together next year - i want to see the group shot. Not to mention the rasping of all these old engines
Old 6th August 2012, 19:17

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
No matter how well built every car that is built goes through the adjustment and little repairs- its all part of the fun. At least our fun is cheaper than some. Imagine the tears in your eyes when you need to redress your 20k cobra build.
Hopefully we can get these cars together next year - i want to see the group shot. Not to mention the rasping of all these old engines
Harumph. Mine doesn't rasp, it purrs.