Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > For Sale / Wanted > Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted

Cars and Parts for sale, swap or wanted Cars, finished or in various states of undress, parts, swaps and wanted. Post here for Free

Old 9th June 2021, 15:35

Rebelrob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilF355 View Post
Hi Rob
Do your bumpers have the bumper fixings as per the attached pictures?
If they do then they are either original Ferrari Dino bumpers or the stainless steel replacements made by Harrington group.

In either case I'm afraid you are on your own with regard to bumper brackets as they will require some special one off mounts to fit your Deon chassis.

On my car my plan is to weld some tubes to the chassis and fit something similar to the original ferrari dino T shaped mounting brackets (pictured in my previous post) which will slide inside the tubes.
Neil
Hi Neil
They are the brand new stainless steel type as per your pictures, I’m about to remove the body but before I do I’m going to offer up the new bumpers and Mark the fitting position, when the body is off I will make a frame ready to take the through brackets in your first set of pictures, any chance of giving me the dimensions of those brackets so I can manufacture what I need also do you know the gap size the bumper stands off from the body.
Regards
Rob
Old 10th June 2021, 10:37

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrob View Post
Hi Neil
They are the brand new stainless steel type as per your pictures
That's a result A friend of mine has a set of Harrington bumpers on his 250 California replica and they are very impressive.

Quote:
any chance of giving me the dimensions of those brackets so I can manufacture what I need also do you know the gap size the bumper stands off from the body.
Regards
Rob
I've measured the distance between the bolt centres on my bumpers (see picture), it's 96mm, so add to that however much you think you need for side to side adjustment (I would guess about 20mm to each side) to give you the length of the top of the T piece.
The length of the tube part depends very much on where your frame is positioned, a bit of extra length will allow it to slide forwards and backwards until you get the gap between the bumper and body correct.
As for what the correct gap should be I have no idea so I will be setting mine to what I think looks best.
I will be fitting mine close to the bodywork as they are original Dino bumpers and, quite frankly, are so thin that they are for decoration only, in the event of a hit they will just deform so I can't see them doing much damage to the bodywork.
From what I've seen the Harrington bumpers are a much more substantial item so I would move them away from the bodywork a bit to avoid bodywork damage in the event of a crash.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the fronts of Dinos which give a bit of a view of the gap between the bumper and the bodywork.

If you want to look at some more pictures for reference I would recommend Fantasy junction's website. They are a dealer of collector cars in the USA and they take loads of closeup pictures of their cars for sale https://www.fantasyjunction.com/sold/search?q=dino+246
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5511 with dimension.jpg (96.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4113.jpg (96.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4346.jpg (93.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 11th June 2021, 20:41

Rebelrob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilF355 View Post
That's a result A friend of mine has a set of Harrington bumpers on his 250 California replica and they are very impressive.

I've measured the distance between the bolt centres on my bumpers (see picture), it's 96mm, so add to that however much you think you need for side to side adjustment (I would guess about 20mm to each side) to give you the length of the top of the T piece.
The length of the tube part depends very much on where your frame is positioned, a bit of extra length will allow it to slide forwards and backwards until you get the gap between the bumper and body correct.
As for what the correct gap should be I have no idea so I will be setting mine to what I think looks best.
I will be fitting mine close to the bodywork as they are original Dino bumpers and, quite frankly, are so thin that they are for decoration only, in the event of a hit they will just deform so I can't see them doing much damage to the bodywork.
From what I've seen the Harrington bumpers are a much more substantial item so I would move them away from the bodywork a bit to avoid bodywork damage in the event of a crash.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the fronts of Dinos which give a bit of a view of the gap between the bumper and the bodywork.

If you want to look at some more pictures for reference I would recommend Fantasy junction's website. They are a dealer of collector cars in the USA and they take loads of closeup pictures of their cars for sale https://www.fantasyjunction.com/sold/search?q=dino+246
Hi Neil
Any chance of a few pictures of your bumper brackets in place.
Regards
Rob
Old 12th June 2021, 09:24

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Neil
Any chance of a few pictures of your bumper brackets in place.
Regards
Rob
Rob
I've PM'd you
Neil
Old 24th October 2021, 05:53
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on the purchase Rob. Do post some pictures of your rebuild if you can!
PS be wary of putting genuine F@@@@@ Di@@ badges on or advertising it as such considering Ferrari seem to be getting antsy and going after the replica manufacturers again.