Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th August 2021, 12:32

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Mick O'Malley's Marlin Masochism

Without a huge deal of enthusiasm, I've been scanning the newly listed Kit Cars/Replicas/Projects on Ebay each morning hoping to see something that both blows my skirt up and would fit in the man cave. Something like a month ago a Marina based Marlin Roadster was listed 'Buy It Now' and disappeared on purchase. A week ago it reappeared, the buyer having been somehow unable to arrange collection! I checked its authenticity and MOT history on DVLA's website, had a 'phone chat with the vendor, checked that collection could take place this week, and took the plunge.

When I bought my Mk1 Marlin Roadster a good few years ago there was no access between the houses and my neighbour hadn't built what would become my man cave. My storage solution was to chop a hole in the hedge, put in H section concrete posts with a slide in/out panel and lay what I call my landing strip using paving slabs cut lengthwise.

When I eventually got around to working on it, I dismantled it (it was just a rolling shell without engine or gearbox), carried it to the hardstanding outside my back door, built it there and reversed the procedure. It was my daily driver whilst I built my A352 and I then passed her on

Whilst building my Moss Monaco, I then used the A352 as my daily driver, before passing it on to a new home in The Netherlands.

Thus endeth the history lesson, and apologies to those of you familiar with my previous blogs.

To get the car from Letchworth I first considered using a local, but expensive bloke I've used before. I then thought of asking 'Spitfire Steve' if he fancied the gig, which he accepted at a thoroughly reasonable price, collecting and delivering it yesterday .

She's 1800 B series powered with twin HS4s and a (dismantled) Dolomite 1850 overdrive gearbox. Until I've had a chance to crawl all over her and decide the project's direction, I'll make no predictions...

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 26th August 2021 at 06:44.. Reason: Typo.
Available from eBay