Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 9th May 2016, 18:38

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

With my apologies Smash, my post wasn't meant as a personal attack. I was just airing my viewpoint about people's expectations of what is a relatively low budget kit car.
Old 9th May 2016, 19:32
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Well that went well

Can I suggest that we all move on from this. Richard has expressed that he no longer wants to take part in the forum, I'm sure that will satisfy a number of you judging by some of the replies.

Move on from the underhand comments and just get back to enjoying our hobby. I'm sure Chris started this thread to get back to better times, so let's just do that, summers coming

John
Old 9th May 2016, 19:58

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
Well that went well

Can I suggest that we all move on from this. Richard has expressed that he no longer wants to take part in the forum, I'm sure that will satisfy a number of you judging by some of the replies.

Move on from the underhand comments and just get back to enjoying our hobby. I'm sure Chris started this thread to get back to better times, so let's just do that, summers coming

John
yes
Old 9th May 2016, 20:00

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to move on , I think everyone that has an opinion has aired it .
Old 9th May 2016, 20:49

Ollie is on a distinguished road

But i havn't aired my opinion yet...... Ummm.....Quick, think of something....
Nope, nothing there......
Except.....
Looking foreward to seeing progress pics of the MXico.........
Old 10th May 2016, 07:02

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Precisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed
If you're not prepared to maintain the Tribute model, including correcting any paintwork/bodywork irritations that crop up with a smile on your face, I suggest you walk into your nearest high-end sports car dealership waving a very large cheque.
Well said! You get what you pay for.

My A352 project is almost ready for its Flag Metallic Blue paint. There has been blood. There has been toil. There have been tears. There has been sweat. But, when I'm blatting down a B road in it on a sunny morning imagining I'm Ron Flockhart/Ivor Bueb/Norman Dewis I will be smug in the knowledge that I've spent many tens of thousands less than Lynx/Dee Type owners, and millions less than those with the real thing, and I'll be having just as much, if not more fun.

Regards, Mick
Old 10th May 2016, 07:32

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Well said! You get what you pay for.

My A352 project is almost ready for its Flag Metallic Blue paint. There has been blood. There has been toil. There have been tears. There has been sweat. But, when I'm blatting down a B road in it on a sunny morning imagining I'm Ron Flockhart/Ivor Bueb/Norman Dewis I will be smug in the knowledge that I've spent many tens of thousands less than Lynx/Dee Type owners, and millions less than those with the real thing, and I'll be having just as much, if not more fun.

Regards, Mick
Thats my sentiment exactly ...the whole Sammio / Miglia and , arguably ..A352 offerings all exist because I wanted exactly what you expressed above ...
Old 10th May 2016, 08:10

obr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
But i havn't aired my opinion yet...... Ummm.....Quick, think of something....
Nope, nothing there......
Except.....
Looking foreward to seeing progress pics of the MXico.........
Me too, Chris has there been any progress? I realise how busy you are but would be great to see what's going on.

Just thinking about the forum and why I come on here (obviously I don't own a Tribute car and can't see me affording one anytime soon sadly) and it is all just in the hope that I'm going to see what I did a couple of years ago. Back then I'd log on two or three times a day, fascinated by the developments of the Kobra, 250 SWB or the work on Zagmad's car. Add in Scottie's and other peoples builds and it was just brilliant.

I wonder if there is a direct correlation between the way the forum has gone and the amount of development work being posted? Sorry if this seems negative, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 10th May 2016, 08:18

Plastic Porsche is on a distinguished road

Hoping to get back to finishing my SWB kit this year

Its been on hold as im doing the build outside, quite possible with a tribute kit and anyway my garage has a covin chassis in, carport has an mx5 swb coupe donor in.

I really like the different finishes on the tribute kits, i like the bumpers on the swb, my wife doesnt, she says it looks too mainstream

Anyway, must go to work now in my new daily driver. Just to put things in perspective as to why tribute kits are such good value for money

image.jpg

Old 10th May 2016, 10:45

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Is that plastic?
Old 10th May 2016, 16:21

ThatAmericanChap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
I will be smug in the knowledge that I've spent many tens of thousands less than Lynx/Dee Type owners, and millions less than those with the real thing, and I'll be having just as much, if not more fun.

Regards, Mick

That's exactly what this is about - having fun.

To Chris
: here's exactly what we were chatting about on the phone yesterday. Mick will take his car out and thrash it, exactly as I do. This poor thing:

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...etti-model.jpg

crossed thirty million Dollars at auction. Look at it sitting there on the auction floor, all shiny and bright, whilst onlookers poke and prod it as though it were some sort of alien beast. If cars have feelings, this is a very unhappy car. It would have no desire to stand still this way while somewhere, other cars - even the sloppy, trundling Rolls and Bentleys in which these pokers and prodders arrived - are moving along as cars were meant to do. This car has no need to be admired while it sits still like some foolish, useless sculpture - look at it - it's only ever wanted one thing: to be thrashed down the Mulsanne until the needle's stuck down on the pin on its 300kph speedometer, then jammed into the corner with its tyres smoking as though Apollyon himself were chasing it. It isn't dead, but it might never again be alive in the way that cars should be.

To all: take them out and thrash them. Use both feet in the corners, and the clutch be damned. Flat spot the tyres, stone chip the rockers and cover the valence with gravel rash. Get them out on some forgotten, hilly back road, with all feet in the air. When they break, fix them; when they're in fine fettle, thrash them until they do break, and then start the process again. Almost doubtless, they're only cars, and have no feelings whatsoever - but then again, what if they do?

Old 10th May 2016, 17:32

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

To all: take them out and thrash them. Use both feet in the corners, and the clutch be damned. Flat spot the tyres, stone chip the rockers and cover the valence with gravel rash. Get them out on some forgotten, hilly back road, with all feet in the air. When they break, fix them; when they're in fine fettle, thrash them until they do break, and then start the process again. Almost doubtless, they're only cars, and have no feelings whatsoever - but then again, what if they do?

Your describing my default driving style I think. Gravel rash and all
20160505_104536 by WCA!, on Flickr
Old 10th May 2016, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post

Your describing my default driving style I think. Gravel rash and all
20160505_104536 by WCA!, on Flickr
WCA - Good on you - that's what they want - to be driven as the Gods intended. I almost think yours looks worse than mine, but we'll call it a tie:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg autumn23.jpg (30.9 KB, 81 views)
Old 10th May 2016, 19:21

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAmericanChap View Post
we'll call it a tie:
I'd call this a tie ....

http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/be/500x1...-09-04186.jpeg
Old 10th May 2016, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post

Warning to others: put your sunglasses on before clicking Gary's link.

Old 10th May 2016, 19:30

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
...and I'd call this a, well, you know...

Old 10th May 2016, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
...and I'd call this a, well, you know...

Not certain you've gotten that Thai spelt properly Mister T, but we all knew what you meant:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...48d25de4a7.jpg

Old 10th May 2016, 20:12

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by obr View Post
I wonder if there is a direct correlation between the way the forum has gone and the amount of development work being posted? Sorry if this seems negative, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I think you are absolutely right, but there has unfortunately been very little time to do development work what with kit production and real life issues to deal with. Getting back to it now though, check out Kidge's 275 and Joe's MX projects. The MXico will be following on soon.
Old 10th May 2016, 21:37

obr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
I think you are absolutely right, but there has unfortunately been very little time to do development work what with kit production and real life issues to deal with. Getting back to it now though, check out Kidge's 275 and Joe's MX projects. The MXico will be following on soon.
Thanks Chris, sorry if I came across as negative, I guess I'd like to to be Christmas every day but need to realise that's not practical!

Having just checked out Joe and Kidge's project threads I can see what you have been upto, great work!