Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 6th September 2021, 13:54

ChrisS is on a distinguished road
Default M52TU Easy Alternatives

My nearly completed Sportster is based on an M52TUB25 engine. The ECU was remapped by Ergen Motorsports to overcome the immobiliser/canbus issues.
The guy finishing the car for me has overcome a number of bad connections in the engine loom and had got the engine running OK. But it has suddenly stopped. Almost as if the work done by Ergen didn’t actually do the job.
Am at the point where starting to wonder if drawing a line under the current engine might be the best way forward. If so what would go in relatively easily and avoid all the challenges of the the TU variants?
Would a plain M52 engine drop straight in mechanically and not need the various security mods that the TU needed?
Any other obvious choices?
It was due to be booked in for IVA shortly having just got a new windscreen from Marlin. So this is pretty frustrating.
I am going to try another remapped allegedly stand-alone ECU. But if that doesn’t work then wondering if a complete change is on the cards.
Available from eBay
Old 6th October 2021, 17:44

ChrisS is on a distinguished road

Just a quick update. Fingers crossed , but it looks like a change in engine won’t be needed. The replacement ECU from Digital Tuning Solutions got the engine going again OK. And allowed the EWS module to be removed.
My original ECU passed all their tests when returned to them for credit. Which supports the theory that is was the remapping that was faulty rather than and actual ECU fault.
Thoroughly recommend them if looking for new ECU. Offer all the usual stuff; immobiliser removal, post cat lambda removal, SAP removal, ABS limp home delete. And various levels of engine tune.