Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 8th November 2021, 13:23

colinham is on a distinguished road
Default My Tribute MRS Update

Car is in David's garage for adjustment to the rear clam shell as its slightly out of alinement on the rally fixing pins. Its a two or three man job as the rear clam shell is very heavy to lift and I an on my own. Also getting some smaller things attended to while its there. Thinking of fitting a new rear screen as the one in at the moment is a bit flimsy and has no slots in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3691.jpg (91.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 14th November 2021, 09:46

My MRS200 is still in David's garage having the rear clam shell adjusted, I have decided to bit the bullet and replace the flimsy rear screen with the correct one. Only two places in the UK supply these rear screens for these unique cars . Got mine from Bill Watson £450 plus £50 delivery OOCH still its cheaper than the one from Bolton supplier Plastics4 Performance which was a lot dearer . I will post some new pictures when I get the car back. I then have to fit the intercooler pipes and new cone filter fabrication set up to complete the illusion of the real thing.
Old 17th November 2021, 13:23

Have got my MRS200 back from David with its new rear screen fitted which looks the business . Also had the rear clam correctly fitted after the engine was replaced and the mechanics put it back on out of alignment . Need now to work on and mount the replica intercooler 76mm pipework and Samco hoses. Most of the big expensive upgrades on this car have now been done , the rest of the upgrades can be done by me over the next few weeks. I think I have one more cars & coffee meet to attend in the next three weeks and then the MRS200 can go into my garage on a battery condition meter and hibernate over the winter months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3699.jpg (87.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3680.jpg (94.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by colinham; 17th November 2021 at 13:31..
Old 17th November 2021, 14:54

molleur is on a distinguished road

Looks the business!
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:27

Now completed the turbo pipework from the roof mounted intercooler into the engine bay but only on the passenger side sorting out the brackets to hold this large 76mm pipework securely was a nightmare, but it looks great will but some pictures up when I complete the other side . I have needed to order some extra pipe for the drivers side as the ones I have are a bit short. Hopefully have ordered some of Ebay and it should be with me by the end of the week. On a positive note I have sold my old rear screen on the RS200 Facebook site which helps with my costs.
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:44

As mentioned in a previous post I have just received my entry for my last car show of the 2020 year at the Liverpool Cars & Coffee on December 5th. These are huge car shows with over 500 cars turning up for the event. Over the years I have seen all sorts of classic and rare cars including supercars from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti but I have never seen an RS200 real or replica at these shows, so my car should create quite a stir and a talking point.
Old 24th November 2021, 09:44

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Good morning who did you contact to arrange an entry , thanks Geoff .
Old 24th November 2021, 15:34

Hi Geoff I am on there Facebook page as a member so I get an entry. If you are thinking of going just turn up early and yu can get a good parking spot, If you like I will keep an eye out for you . What car are you thinking of bringing ? I seem to remember your handle did you have a couple of replica 250SWB cars on Ebay a while back if so I was chasing the blue one before settling for the RS200. Just had a look at your build thread makes a nice change from those numerous 250SWB cars also love the colour of your car.

Last edited by colinham; 25th November 2021 at 12:50..
Old 24th November 2021, 16:30

casamolino is on a distinguished road

Thanks Colin , i have a Z3GT , http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=7353 , see you there depending on weather , Geoff .
Old 25th November 2021, 20:13

Munky is on a distinguished road

Pictures or it didn’t happen
Old 28th November 2021, 12:07

I have now completed all the intercooler pipework on my RS200 and I am pleased with the results the big bore 76mm tube was a pain in the backside to mount to secure brackets I wish I had my own welder tacking the brackets would have been so much easier . I now have to wait still next weekend car show December 5th [weather permitting] to see how the car is received by visitors. I still have to find a new location for the new cone filter I need it in a stream of cold air for best results. As luck would have it the RS200 has cold air side scoops on either side adjacent to the electric windows so if I can get this filter in that area it should be ideal.

Last edited by colinham; 6th December 2021 at 12:20..
Old 6th December 2021, 12:29

As outlined in a previous post I attended the Liverpool Cars & Coffee classic car show on Sunday plenty of rare classics on show and got some great pictures pf my RS200 from photographers with better gear than me. My car got great reviews from visitors even though its a replica.
Old 6th December 2021, 13:56

molleur is on a distinguished road

Outstanding, well done!
Old 14th December 2021, 19:13

Munky is on a distinguished road

Seeing people all wrapped up and the leafy background immediately reminded me of being a kid, stood out in the middle of a field in Wales waiting for the next monster rally car to come sailing past!

Great job!
Old 15th December 2021, 13:28

Thanks for the compliments Munky, lots of small jobs still to do but I will wail until the new year as its far to cold to work in the garage. Need to change the profile of the tyres and possibly the wheels at the moment 195 on the front and 205 on the rear going to change these around , And fit 205 on the front and get some 225 on the rear. Have bought some Barbarian Hub Centric 20mm spacers to go on {Pictured] for the modification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KWS-005c.jpg (84.4 KB, 20 views)