And to bring this escapade to it's natural end....
Bye Bye Big Red Car!
Well what have i learnt from this flight of fantasy....
1) I still LOVE the look of the Countach as much as i have since i was 10
2) I HATE working on them
3) I HATE driving them.
4) I'm SO glad that i've got this out of my system!
5) I now know a great deal more about cooling systems than i did at the start
6) I'm a hell of a lot less afraid to experiment and tinker with things than i was at the start.
7) I now know that i don't want another "replica". Now please don't get me wrong i'm not slagging replicas off in any way, not in a million years! Neither am i criticizing any of the guys who have replicas of Lambos / Ferraris / Lancias etc... But having owned this MasterCo i have realised that for-me, at this point in my life, one of the things i enjoy most about the whole Kit Car "experience" is having something that i can do whatever i want to with, tinker with, redesign etc.. without having some say "that doesn't look right"
8) Finally, i have gained a LOT more respect for the guys that build these from scratch, or even buy and renovate them. And i hope that i'll still be allowed to talk to a few of you at shows? Even those of you not called Dave!