Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 24th September 2019, 11:52

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up deon chassis

Hi all

Just a quick question to all dino builders using a deon /JHClassic's/early classic replica's dino replica. Does anyone out there have a deon chassis that doesn't have a body fitted to it yet? Or one they aren't using and may lend/ sell?
I need to accurately measure the front suspension mount points for my chassis build. I've tried to measure mine but cannot get to it with the body fitted and don't really want to remove it if I can help it. Also if anyone has detailed drawings/measurements or any spare wish bones etc they may lend/sell? Please get in touch

cheers Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (93.6 KB, 31 views)
Available from eBay
Old 25th September 2019, 12:02

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian
I have an early Classic replicas Dino project with the body attached. It is currently on axel stands so it's relatively easy to get access underneath and to the front suspension (see picture). https://www.dropbox.com/s/yia8bykwav...F3670.JPG?dl=0
If you know exactly which measurements you need I could have a look and see if I can get them for you.
Neil
Old 25th September 2019, 15:20

Just found this chassis and body that were for sale 3 months ago. Seller reckons it's a JH classics but the chassis looks more like a classic replicas one to me. It might still be for sale or the buyer may not have had the chance to fit the body yet.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...69506779013455
Old 27th September 2019, 17:03

Default deon

Hi Neil

Definitely not a deon chassis. Looking at it, it looks like a second gen classic replica's chassis.I know cr used a deon chassis at first as I met GA when I went pick up my deon kit. He showed me a chassis he had acquired plus moulds to produce the shell. He said deon owed him money and he was holding them until he was paid!!!! The chassis was identical to the deon one I collected.
Your wishbones look identical to mine. What I'm after is the chassis pick up points from one side to the other, I'll try and get a photo of what I mean from my mock up chassis. Thanks for the reply

ian
Old 28th September 2019, 09:52

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Sold
Old 28th September 2019, 12:27

Default deon

hi tvr

do you know who to?

ian
Old 28th September 2019, 18:55

redratbike is on a distinguished road

He was asking £1200!!!
Old 13th October 2019, 12:13

Default chassis

Hi all

I did try and contact the guy but the locost site just wouldn't let me join and I
was beaten to it!! But hopefully the new owner will supply me the sizes I need.

Ian
Old 4th January 2020, 03:46
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road

Hey, did you manage to get the measurements you needed?
That body/chassis on the locost site looks great. I would have bought it if I'd been in the UK. That chassis shows someone's (Classic Replicas'?) answer to the high sills - beefier at base and low longitudinal member with short angled gussets at each end of the door. They've also angled in the sides of the central tunnel and made it lower.
I wonder what front uprights they've used - they appear to have ball joints top and bottom and a 5 stud hub. It could be a FIAT Dino hub on the original Fiat 124/5 upright with 5 x 108mm PCD to fit the original Cromodora wheels perhaps. Or something else - I've seen pictures of Classic Replicas with Alfa 164 wheels (which are 5x98mm). Does anyone know?
cheers
Ross
Old 4th January 2020, 03:47
Enthusiast

(linked from the Locost site)
Old 4th January 2020, 16:21

Default chassis

Hi Ross

Unfortunately I was beaten to it-but looking at it now it appears to be an updated deon chassis. The front wishbones look exact copies of the deon ones on mine. Mine uses fiat 124 on the front (later lada which believe it are still available new!!) and lancia beta at the rear.
Classic replicas in a last gasp before they disappeared updated the deon chassis to be more in keeping with the real thing along with lookalike wishbones and uprights with the correct 5 x 108 wheel spacing's and a newly moulded bodyshell. I've seen one part built and they look good. Fitted with the later alfa v6 engine and box. Not sure what doner parts are on it though.
Still in the planning stage at the moment with my chassis although I have mocked it up in wood. Trying to source front and rear uprights or even have some cnc machined to my own design based on the fiat 124 then using a modern 5x108 hub part that bolts on (similar to the LB stratos)

ian
Old 5th January 2020, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossnzwpi View Post
I wonder what front uprights they've used - they appear to have ball joints top and bottom and a 5 stud hub. It could be a FIAT Dino hub on the original Fiat 124/5 upright with 5 x 108mm PCD to fit the original Cromodora wheels perhaps. Or something else - I've seen pictures of Classic Replicas with Alfa 164 wheels (which are 5x98mm). Does anyone know?
cheers
Ross
Hi Ross
I'm building a Classic Replicas Dino which I bought as a part completed project.
My front suspension looks the same as on the chassis pictures you posted.
I have a magazine article about Classic Replica's Dino which states that "the front and rear hub carriers / stub axles are from an MGF and are modified to a 5 stud pattern".
On my car the stud pattern is 5x98mm as used on the Alfa Romeo 147 and 164
Old 6th January 2020, 18:41
Enthusiast

zooming in on the photos above it does look like the front upright might be from an Alfa 75 (Milano) with Deon-esque wishbones. Maybe Classic Replicas, when using mostly Alfa 164 bits opted for the 75 upright/knuckle?