Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 2nd February 2012, 15:32

Graham is on a distinguished road
Default Need some recommendations!

Dear All,

I'm new to the forum (about 4 minutes 'old') and I'm looking for some pointers, tips, anything really! My dad passed away last year and buried in the garage there is/was an Adams Roadster, a jaguar XJ based kit car. This is about all I know! Unfortunately, its in a bit of a sorry state - It has no engine and the interior is in need of some attention. I'd be grateful for any tips/recommendations on who could restore it for us. We are based in the North West.
Available from eBay
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:22

Dpaz is on a distinguished road

In the absence of any specific recomendations. Look in the various kit car magazines for restorers. Classic car magazines could be helpfull. A professional rebuild could be expensive. Do nothing in haste,there have been some real horror stories about restorers charges often because what was and wasn't included was not clear. Have you not thought about doing it yourself? You will probably get a lot more advice here in the next few days. Isn't the Adams a traditional 'SS' type. It would be worthwhile doing some research as it may well be a desirable car and worth selling as it is. Just googled 'Adams Roadster kit car'.Very nice car and marque history.

Last edited by Dpaz; 3rd February 2012 at 12:30.. Reason: additional info
Old 7th February 2012, 23:16

trustyservant is on a distinguished road
Smile Adams Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Dear All,

I'm new to the forum (about 4 minutes 'old') and I'm looking for some pointers, tips, anything really! My dad passed away last year and buried in the garage there is/was an Adams Roadster, a jaguar XJ based kit car. This is about all I know! Unfortunately, its in a bit of a sorry state - It has no engine and the interior is in need of some attention. I'd be grateful for any tips/recommendations on who could restore it for us. We are based in the North West.
Well i've only just discovered this page - but i used to have an Adams 20+ years ago!!
It was the second car produced and i fell for it as soon as i saw it at Dennis Adams home at the time.
If i can help in any way please make contact

Geoff
Old 8th November 2016, 06:33

Graham Markland is on a distinguished road
Default Adams

New to forum and came across this.

That chassis no.2 i know where that is. Its with chassis number 5. In Hove.

I own chassis no 6.

Interesting rare kit car this

Graham
Old 8th November 2016, 06:35

Graham Markland is on a distinguished road
Default Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Dear All,

Just wondered what chassis no. (Production) this was do you you stillhave this?