Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 13th August 2021, 12:30

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Old 18th August 2021, 15:55

Biggles is on a distinguished road

Funnily enough, the site hasn’t remembered to not remember me this time round, so maybe it fixes itself eventually.
I will never understand how computers ( that are fundamentally machines designed to repeat functions over and over) throw up problems like these.
Old 12th September 2021, 09:32

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I've messaged JG asking for some new members to be allowed to join but no reply to me or contact with the builders wanting to join.
There normally seems to be around 100 guests and 4or 5 members on line, unless new blood is allowed to join the forum will die.
Lots of comments on Facebook about pros[ective members wanting to join but giving up as they don't get a reply.
Come on JG
Old 24th October 2021, 14:06

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
It's gone so dead, with the lockdown there should have been hundreds of people out there tinkering with cars, the perfect time to start a new project, but no almost nothing.
Unfortunately, for me, Covid has given me less time for my car and this forum, not more.

Lucky@LeMans had almost finished his latest build before I had a chance to post on the thread.

Quote:
Most photos now seem to be a link that you have to click to see the picture, not very user friendly.
That is often down to not knowing the way to make the photo appear.
(I often convert those same links so the photo appears, so it is possible, see latest RS200 thread.)

Quote:
Was it the loss of all the photos disappearing when Photobucket got greedy and tried to charge crazy prices?
This did kill a lot of the photos in old build threads and make a lot of the “Useful links” threads fall apart.

However, personally, I felt the most damage was done during the ‘hostility’ era of Richard @ Nubodi telling everyone what they should be doing, including not building a Ferr*** replica without all the badges. This discouraged Chris @ Tribute from posting and that was a crying shame, as I learnt more from Chris and Dan sharing how they ‘cut and shut’ things together than anything else (Misted Towed’s build running them a very close second).

The fact that Richard was shut down by Ferr*** for doing the very thing he told everyone else to do is too ironic for words.

Quote:
… I'm even missing the pictures of parcels waiting to be posted by Paul L.
Perhaps one way to encourage more people to post would be to add a “ “ when you are taking the p**s?

Otherwise, someone might think that posting thousands of messages of encouragement on other people’s build treads was a waste of time and they would be better off lamenting the fact the forum is quiet, rather than actively doing something about it by posting encouragement on the limited number of threads that are being updated.

This forum has always been at its best when builders are encouraging each other.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 24th October 2021, 14:41

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Biggest problem was JG having to stop new members joining as the forum was being attacked by scammers / bots and other inappropriate site links etc etc. That was 2 or 3 years ago .Not sure if this ever resolved but I assume not as newbies still can't access the site and join as members.

I'm sure if JG could vet new applicants in some way then they could be accepted, perhaps he could let us know.

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 24th October 2021 at 16:58..
Old 25th October 2021, 09:20

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
This forum has always been at its best when builders are encouraging each other.
Cheers, Paul.

Absolutely. When enthusiasm's fading, the boost is very welcome, even if it's not from someone fortunate enough to indulge our hobby.

Works for me!

Regards, Mick

p.s. Tiny whinge. It drives me mad when enormous pictures make reading a thread tiresome, is it poss. for moderator to re-size?
Old 29th November 2021, 06:20

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, apologies but I have been pretty non existent and away from the forum. Will put an update on shortly on my thread, but I had a major issue of fuel leak the night before certification and threw toys out the cot and just left it...Rebuild is going on but I have had to remove all the back transaxle, fuel tank and attempt to modify the tank vent. I have now had to go back to original tank setup and filler location on the side of the car....