Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 17th March 2011, 20:27

Fibreglass is on a distinguished road
Default Dino 246 GT and GTS replica panels

I am new to posting on this forum but have followed it for several years. One or two of you may well know of me already as I have been producing 246 replica bodies and chassis for several years. However they are mainly used for original car restoration or race car projects. I have moulds for both the GT and GTS and these were 100% taken from original 246 Dinos. I know the full history of these moulds including the person who originally produced them. I also have the chassis jigs all taken off original cars. I do not know the history of any other replicas produced by other companies and cannot comment on their accuracy but as far as I and my customoers are aware these are the only perfect moulds and jigs. I was having a clearout last year which is why I had one of my bodyshells listed on ebay under the Berkeleycars user name as spotted by one of the contributors to this site. I do not advertise the Dino parts at the moment as I am in the middle of moving but if anyone would like to see a picture of the bare bodyshells there is one on my website. Well this was just a quick introduction and if in the future anyone needs any panels etc then please get in touch, although I cannot say if they will fit any of the replicas mentioned on this site. Thanks Mark
Available from eBay
Old 20th March 2011, 12:29

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
I am new to posting on this forum but have followed it for several years. One or two of you may well know of me already as I have been producing 246 replica bodies and chassis for several years. However they are mainly used for original car restoration or race car projects. I have moulds for both the GT and GTS and these were 100% taken from original 246 Dinos. I know the full history of these moulds including the person who originally produced them. I also have the chassis jigs all taken off original cars. I do not know the history of any other replicas produced by other companies and cannot comment on their accuracy but as far as I and my customoers are aware these are the only perfect moulds and jigs. I was having a clearout last year which is why I had one of my bodyshells listed on ebay under the Berkeleycars user name as spotted by one of the contributors to this site. I do not advertise the Dino parts at the moment as I am in the middle of moving but if anyone would like to see a picture of the bare bodyshells there is one on my website. Well this was just a quick introduction and if in the future anyone needs any panels etc then please get in touch, although I cannot say if they will fit any of the replicas mentioned on this site. Thanks Mark
hi mark
what is your web address please?
ian
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:44

Hi Ian, sorry I didn't list the website as it was under my user name home URL, but just case its www.cascu.co.uk. There is only one picture on there at the moment as I have not had time to update the website for a while but I have got several more pictures available. Thanks Mark
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:11

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

hi mark
thanks for the web address.I dont know if you remember me but I spoke to you a couple of years back through ebay regarding dino doors and window frames.You were selling mouldings for the dino at that time.Did you ever get any further with the door frames?
ian
Old 1st April 2011, 11:05

Hi Ian
I have got a brand new original Ferrari Dino door here so will hopefully when I have time make a jig from it, but as usual it is time thats the problem. I have quite a lot of original Dino parts, new and used that I have collected to enable me to get the originality that all the other replicas lack. At the moment I have generally only supplied bodies and chassis to people using all original parts so I have not had to make any other parts yet. If you keep in touch I will eventually have to make these door frames.
Thanks
Mark
Old 1st April 2011, 11:29

Default A few pictures of bodies and chassis

Just thought I would add a few pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chassis small.jpg (61.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg bodyshell small.jpg (90.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg bodyshell small2.jpg (96.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg bodyshell small3.jpg (97.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 2nd April 2011, 02:11
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mark, from what I can see in the pictures the quality of your moldings looks very good
Ross (in NZ)
Old 5th April 2011, 20:33

simmos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
Hi Ian, sorry I didn't list the website as it was under my user name home URL, but just case its www.cascu.co.uk. There is only one picture on there at the moment as I have not had time to update the website for a while but I have got several more pictures available. Thanks Mark
These look great!!! shame these were not available to the general public years ago, you would have put the other clowns out of business!
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:08

mazzone0797 is on a distinguished road
Default Dino Panels

Hi Mark, just realised from other posts recently, that you might now be abroad, if so are you still able to offer Dino body shell/panels as before. Thanks Pierino
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:09

Hi Pierino

We are still making the bodyshells and chassis when time allows, now making a 246 coupe body and chassis for a customer. Still not setup properly overseas yet, therefore cannot make many parts at the moment. Please have a look at our facebook page for some more pictures http://www.facebook.com/classic.and....cars.unlimited

Thanks
Mark