Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 22nd April 2012, 17:09

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Anti climax

OK Guys, at last a few pictures of the finished chassis. Actually I still need to finish the top face in some areas, but you get the gist. Also The bulkhead is also ready for the chop, so I can strip, clean and repair ready for it's new chassis and lovely frame from Gary when I go to Stoneleigh on the Sunday 6th. Hope to see you all there.

Old 23rd April 2012, 17:49

AshJ is on a distinguished road

Nice and shiny. I'm guessing seeing mine gave you the motivation to get on with it lmao
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:33

Default Shiney

Actually Ash, it was already painted. Got bored so thought I would pester you for a cuppa. Don't forget if they blast your chassis and don't prime it, it will start rusting immeadiately. You will need to get them to either prime it or get them to get it to the galvanisers ASAP,
Rocker
Old 28th April 2012, 18:22

Default Latest photos

Hi All, so that I can pretend to have been very busy, I have attached some more photos of the chassis which is now complete, and I hope to be removing parts from the old car to clean up, sort and fit to the new one. I have also attached a photo of my bargain buy £31 seat. Shame there wasn't a pair, I really like the colour.

And what a beauty!!!!

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!............... .

You know when you say "yeah, I'm sure I've got one of those in my garage somewhere"........................................ .

Here it is, next transplant for a Sammio???????

Old 5th January 2013, 19:28

Default I'm Back

Hi All,
at last, I am back. 2013 is going to be full steam ahead. 2012 has been a bad year for me with a good end at last. At the beginning of the year my then wife came home one day and said she had decided after twenty eight years together we had nothing in common so ought to split up! Mmmm is there someone else? Didn't seem so, but still meant stop the idea of the sammio, sell the house, try and find somewhere to store around 1200 sq foot of stuff aquired over thirtysix years in the motor trade (read hoarder). Well all the crap about staying friends, no solicitors etc. went out the window and it just got really acrimonious. New start.

May, met a new lady Wendy, got my frame at Stoneleigh and met Gary and Mike along with some of you guys. Things very upside down with moving, selling up, solicitors etc. But now sorted. Moved to Norfolk from Lincolnshire. Engaged to Wendy, happier than I've been for twenty years or more, and now left my new job to finish getting my life in order. I don't have a load of money behind me but have to say, when you go through something like this, don't ever under estimate the effect it will have on you physically or more importantly mentally. I have been blessed with the help and support of the most wonderful woman, and I feel so stable and grounded and much more focussed on all I want to achieve with my car, and more important my life and future.

All you guys on here have really made me feel part of something special and the support has sometimes come from a silly little comment someone has made at a time when I was really at a low. Thank you all for all the laughs and info.
This year I hope to have the car completed and ready for a holiday driving to Ireland with Wendy. I have a great little pub 500 yards up the road which although he sadly doesn't do grub, it is a great venue to meet. Anyone in the Norfolk area or further afield want a ride out, contact me and perhaps we can meet up. Mr T, this year soon we will meet up. Thanks for your support and pm messages that were really helpful at a low time,
Thanks to you all, now I need to get going, and start loading photo's. "No pressure then?"

Regards Simon
Old 5th January 2013, 20:52

garyh is on a distinguished road

Good to see you back, heres to 2013.
Old 5th January 2013, 20:57

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Good luck for 2013 Simon, sounds like it couldn't be worse than 2012.

I look forward to seeing your build progress.

Take care, Paul.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:02

phil9 is on a distinguished road

it be nice to see one more sammio on the norfolk roads simon... me and barry and towed.. are all in norfolk so the meet mite be on ....good luck with car hope all gos well .

Last edited by phil9; 6th January 2013 at 08:05..
Old 6th January 2013, 08:15

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Welcome back 'rocker, happy New Year!

Good luck getting your Sammio finished for your touring holiday this year, it can be a challenge finding the time alongside home and work commitments but I know others have achieved really fast builds when they've put their minds to it (Patoune, four week build, but he is in the trade).

With at least six cars being built or already finished in Norfolk: yours; Psycho Pops' ; Phil x2; Barry's; and mine, we could have quite a convoy past her maj's Sandringham haliday flat this summer. Who knows, we might even persuade Prince Charles to give up his Aston and build a Sammio instead...
Old 7th January 2013, 20:24

Default Thanks

Guys, thanks as usual. I am out of work at present while sorting the personal life so have decided to have a few "serious" days now and again to get caught up. Look forward to getting sorted, with Wendy and I joining you guys this summer,
Regards
Simon
Old 9th January 2013, 11:10

donnysoutherner is on a distinguished road

Jeez, just when i thought i had a local Sammio builder you go and move! Really good that things seem to have worked out for you.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:24

Default Getting back on track

Hi all, just when things started to get on track, we now have the Ribble/Miglia issues. I hope they can come to an agreement, as it would be a shame to see "new blood stifled" when Andy's Ribble side is already so well established. Hope it can be resolved amicably. Due to this I am holding on getting a body until all the rangling has been sorted, as my own personal concern is the "base unit" costs are starting to rocket which has flown in the face of Gary's whole ethos of a sort of "cheap and cheerful" (no offence intended) car at a down to earth price. With the sudden escalating costs, I am concerned too many of us will look else where for a new set of clothes for our chassis. Finally I don't think the bickering on or off line will help either builder, and after all my years in "The Trade" this sort of thing is common practice and only goes to further the individual product. After all, look at the Lotus seven, Cobra and all the others. Too much time arguing is too much time lost on selling and development which equates into lost customers and revenue at the end of the day. Good luck to you all, and I promise to post some update pictures soon.
1958 Rocker
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:34

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Hear hear to the above. Look forward to your update pics.
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:41

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Hi Simon. I hope this doesn't slow you down as you've been through enough trouble in 2012 already. With regard to base costs, I hope you've checked out our web site as the overall cost has not rocketted but has maintained value with options to add if required.

Last edited by AndyP57; 3rd February 2013 at 15:52..
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:20

Default Prices

Hi Andy,
thanks and yes I have seen your site. To be honest the prices have not gone outrageously high, but when you consider the body kit alone is £999 and only mid last year was £750 admittedly without VAT it is a fairly large jump in such a short time. I hope that you and Mike can sort things amicably, as you are both great guys with very seperate ideas and projects. From my experience there is enough room in the market place for both ideas and a little competition would be good for you both. Don't let the arguments overtake all the hard work Gary did and you have continued. I think people were a little worried about the name change, but ultimately it's the product and its reputation that matter. All the best and hope we will speak soon,
Regards Simon
Old 11th January 2015, 19:15

Default I'm Back

Here we go again!!!!
2015 IS the year to get sorted. Bit short of work space, but got a garage which is more than some of you guys.
I am now in the process of sorting a body to go on my car. It's been so long, I was worried the chassis would be rotten before I got a body on it.
I am hoping to get a body sorted soon, and will start to post photos I promise.
Had a house move last year suddenly when my landlady needed the property back urgently. As usual, signed the paperwork on another place and then a bigger property with a big drive and a DOUBLE garage came up for the same rent! Ah well. Time to get on. Still buying bits to keep enthused, but also bought a second juke box (my other hobby).
Will be posting more soon
Simon
Old 11th January 2015, 19:47

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Welcome back, again!

Hope it goes well for you in 2015 and that you progress your build without the unnecessary distractions and complications of 'normal life', whatever that is.

Looking forward to seeing more of your build.
Old 11th January 2015, 20:29

Default Thanks

Thanks Nike,
Hope to post something interesting soon. Oh well, off to work this week, so fingers crossed for the week end,
Simon
Old 12th January 2015, 07:21

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Welcome back 'Rocker. I can assure you that building your own car is a very therapeutic distraction away from the stresses and strains of modern life. Hope you find the time to put into it this year. See you on the road.
Old 12th January 2015, 18:11

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

Hi Rocker!
I'm not so sure Mister T is right there!

The stresses and strains of building the car, are ADDED to the stresses and strains of modern life I think!

It seems that way with my build, good luck with yours!

At the rate I'm going, you will beat me to Stoneleigh!