Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 16th June 2012, 15:36

twined43 is on a distinguished road
Default Lurker becoming active

Can I introduce myself and show thanks for all the help and advice available in this forum.
I now feel confident to move from "lurker" to participant I don't expect to have a lot of expertise to share- I have some enthusiasm but little formal practical skills or knowledge.
Over the last two years I have assembled a Dax Cobra-a lovely project and after retirement the realisation of a long standing ambition.
So far so good The Dax is fine and the House pretty much finished so what next? .....
In a moment of madness I completely lost my wits and bought a JC Midge on ebay unseen and in total ignorance a farmyard body on a Triumph Herald chassis loosely a runner and sort of legal but actually a piece of cr.....! Or so I thought.
It gets worse in that I found another Midge but this one registered as a Spitfire on ebay and thought that I could make one good one from two sets of bits.
Friends said I had lost my sanity.
A lot of gloom ....then the sun came out for a little while-the first car had a really decent chassis and with the body from the second which was actually rather well made would be the basis for a nice Midge.
So I now have a reconditioned engine from Canley classics and a new clutch with Midge body (2) on Triumph Herald chassis (1) registered as a JC Midge

I have forgotten all about this project because I found an advert for Sammio while searching for parts and really liked what I saw.

I figured that the Midge 2 (which had a strong chassis with a decent 1500 twin carb Dolomite engine and an overdrive gearbox- new brakes, tyres and wheels and which somebody had spent a lot of time on) would make the ideal platform for a Sammio.
A very pleasant and constructive phone conversation with Gary at Sammio and a trip to Poole to meet Gary and team really impressed me and I placed an order on the spot for a Cordite.
Mine is apparently No. 6 and is slightly unusual in that because of the chassis dimensions the nose will about 10 inches longer than the original Cordite but first impressions are "looking good"
Because of the chassis layout it was not practical to fit lowered floor pans but I have Gary's advice and ordered Dax Cobra seats which will be bolted directly to the floor.(I have these seats in my Dax Cobra and they really are as comfortable as many people say)
Colour choices are always interesting -I am thinking Old English White body and dark red interior but??????
I really am a slow typist and this is long ramble and many will have given up or be asleep by now so time to sign off
Thanks again to all the people that share their enthusiam and knowledge it really does help.
Available from eBay
Old 16th June 2012, 16:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Welcome.

After your Cordite kit number 6 came out of the mould, work on my kit (No.7) started.

There is a separate thread to list the details of yourself & your Cordite build here.

Hopefully by putting links to all the Cordite builds in one place it helps share ideas.

And don't forgot to add lots of photos.

Cheers, Paul.

PS
If it helps you can press the Quote button and copy the code below for a link to this thread.

Build Thread/Info: Lurker becomes active
Old 16th June 2012, 18:07

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Welcome and good luck with the build.

As Paul says, lots of photos please

Dave
Old 16th June 2012, 19:39

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the fold twined. Looking forward to seeing another twist on the Sammio theme emerging.