Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion

Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion Formosa 120 GR and related builds

Old 13th March 2020, 10:18

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
The new front end looks really smart, is that going to be a choice between one or the other when ordering or an extra cost option ?

Your V8 customer car looks interesting, is that one a Rover V8 or something else ? I like the idea of the modern crate engines that are available for reasonable money these days.
Just checked out the updated website. I think the new front end will prove to be a popular option. Not an expensive retro fit for existing cars either !
Old 19th March 2020, 09:34

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thank you Lucky ...

I have only just seen your posting , so apologies for late reply. The V8 car is a long nose on a Scimitar chassis with a 2004 Mustang 4.6 litre engine fitted with a Tremec 5 speed gearbox and converted to carb. It's a snug fit ... Lots of room in the engine bay but a large gearbox made it a bit of a squeeze ...

This car was initially what prompted me to create a new bonnet as I was worried the engine height and sloping nose of the Formosa would be an issue ...As it turned out once I dropped the engine in place , she sits low enough to not cause a problem but the seed had been sown to do a new bonnet so we carried on !!

I like the new front , it has a bit of an early 50s feel to it so takes the car back to my earlier efforts a bit .. Putting it into the same era as a S*mmio , pre 55 styled rather than the 55-59 styling of the original Formosa ....

The bonnets are slightly more involved than the original to make as a seperately moulded headlight bucket needed to be utilized on this one but I've kept price the same to fall in line with current options available... the larger and deeper grille being used on this one is the only extra expense if you chose that to use on your car ...

I have 4 examples spoken for , the V8 car above, Geoffs wide body which will have to be altered ....a new order featuring twin headrests and a short nose going on a Triumph which will involve me reducing the front wheelarches back to 15'' suitability

and a fourth one going on a Bond Equipe 6 cyl. based car with deleted headrest that will again be adapted to suit and fitted for the customer including inner wing framework etc ....

I've also put together a LHD example with larger boot , bonnet scoop and radiused front and rear arches to house 16'' XK140 wires which may be of interest and is going to end up in Durango Colarado in the near future ..hopefully ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 19th March 2020 at 13:00.. Reason: added photo's
Old 19th March 2020, 17:06

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Nice work Gary, good to see you are keeping busy.
Old 19th March 2020, 19:59

molleur is on a distinguished road

And, I like it too!
Old 6th December 2020, 16:59

I've ordered RAL 7001 Silver Grey gel coat. The bodies are finished to a very high standard and don't need to be painted. I planning to fit black wire wheels and full aluminium interior trim. I've also opted for the " early style bonnet "

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 6th December 2020 at 17:01..
Old 6th December 2020, 18:22

swifty is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Where have i been.....just been reading through this thread and checking out your web site Gary, the quality of the shell looks spot on and the price i would think is appealing to many DIY’s out there.
I especially like the option parts you offer which make a build much easier whilst keeping a race car look and at a great price point to, the added videos on you tube show the cars off.

I wish you good luck and hope it becomes less stressful as time goes by, working for yourself has many good points especially if it involves something you love.

Crack on and happy building from one envious ex builder.
Old 6th February 2022, 11:21

I noticed Gary has updated the website and now includes details of his 236 model which appears to be selling well.

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 6th February 2022 at 14:06..
Old 11th February 2023, 15:39

The website link isn't working and the site appears to be down, has been for a while now. Not sure why but the facebook pages are still active and Gary appears to be regularly updating that.
Perhaps facebook is now the preferred way of doing business ? I know he gave up with this site some time ago and no longer contributes.

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 11th February 2023 at 15:43..
Old 11th February 2023, 19:15

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Not using this site may be how he chooses, but a lot of people choose not to use Facebook........ just may be worth considering other media, even if facebook is popular (at the moment)?