Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

View Poll Results: Should it be posted?
Please post the build 5 100.00%
Please don't bother i'm afraid to see what it really takes 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th March 2006, 18:17

fastco is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 500+BHP.. looking inside the belly of the beast

Hello we've all heard it a 1,000+ times..@ a car show or just crusie'n "Hello mate how much BHP in your engine mate?" Right well she's 500+BHP easly.... she's a 355cid Chevy V-8 & got 9.1:1 comp , .470 lift cam, double roller chain, race'n oil pump ,heads are GM Vette heads fellow told me were totaly reworked & would flow huge #'s to feed my beast. Intake is Ed's Performer & Ed 650 CFM carb , Dizzy is tricked out GM HEI... she's got the works mate.
We i'm sorry but there is no way on this gods earth any engine similar to these will produce anywhere near 500+BHP maybe 240 to 325 BHP....

Anyhow to give you a 1st hand look @ what it takes to build a 500+BHP engine / street driven engine . I'm thinking of posting a photo by photo complete built from scratch 500+BHP street engine. That would take you from bare block to complete turn key ..this would give people a heads up on what it takes to build that kind of engine & what parts & operations are needed to get the job done & make the beast last in a street driven car. . Question is would people want to see such a posting? Feel free to leave me your comments PRO or CON.... If more Pro i'll post the build.
Cheers! Dr.Dee

PS: Build is for Ultima GTR for street & track use
Available from eBay
Old 30th March 2006, 18:27

mapper is on a distinguished road
Smile

I'd be interested for one, fire away. Who,s block will it be based on.

Mark
Old 30th March 2006, 19:29
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Yes please do post, most interested
Old 31st March 2006, 10:03
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Definately, please do

John
Old 31st March 2006, 16:49

Thumbs up Base spec on 500+ BHP engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapper
I'd be interested for one, fire away. Who,s block will it be based on.

Mark
Hello Mark... engine is based on Chevy 350 , 4 bolt main block, with oil mods done to block ,& cleared for stroker crank.
Quick skinny on Chevy engine: @ 500+BHP balanced & blueprinted on a budget.
Chevy 350 block .030 overbore
Crank kit Eagle 4130 forged (internal balanced) 3.750 stroke
Rods Scat 4340 forged I beam 6.00 long
Pistion Probe forged stroker / flat top 10.5:1 comp
Rings Hasting race moly race series / file fit.
Brg Clevite 77 H series
Cam hyd STD non roller ( idle @ 800/850 RPM) with Rhoads variable duration & lift & anti pump up.
Chain set Rollmaster billet 3 key
Oil pan custom 7qt road race 3 trap doors , baffeles , windage tray & crank scraper.
Heads "Strike Force"215cc runners, alum 100% CNC machined & ported & chambers & valve bowls & gasket matched... the full monty.
Intake Hurricane single plane.
Carb Holley 750CFM full tricks.....
Ignition Mega-Fire billet race dizzy , Mega-Fire 6AL amp .
This is not to be a spare no money build with 1 off super pricey all out race goodies , but a an afforable buiild with off the shelf parts. Engine will be happy on the street & very happy @ the track & run on pump pertrol 92/94 octane range. Budget is tight & were shoot'n for the most bang for the buck / pound.
Best regards Dr,Dee
Old 1st April 2006, 09:02

That spec looks pretty impressive, never had a chevy in bits are they a flat or 3 plane crank? and how long do you reckon, start to finish with the build.
Mark
Old 5th April 2006, 05:55

Thumbs up Vote's in .. show the beast being built.......

Hello mates thanks for your positive responce on posting a look inside the belly of a 500+BHP street driven beast.
I will compile a photo by photo build of this bad-boy ... for now before i can complete a photo layout you can follow my progress as i start this build.
First & formost let's have a look @ the ally heads by Strike Force USA these are up to the job of feed'n him a healthy diet of air & fuel heads intake runner volume is 215cc these heads as you can see are 100% CNC machined & ported & chamber blended & intake gasket matched.
Go here for photo:http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=fCgiLh Cheers! Dr,Dee

Photo # 2 intake ports http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=CCGwwy

Photo # 3 Exhaust ports http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=UyKpKo

Photo # 3 valve bowls & chambers http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=aXdQSv
Old 5th April 2006, 19:43

Thumbs up

Dr Dee,

Like the pickies m8, the valve guides look like they still need blending in a bit,
do you hand finish them after CNC'ing.

ATB
Mark
Old 6th April 2006, 05:22

Thumbs up inside the belly of the beast..

Hello Mark... good point on finish sanding and blending ect on valve guides & bosses & chambers & valve bowls ect of these heads... and indeed i would load my die grinder & spend a few hours on these .. but the key words here on this build are the words budget ( very tight @ 4500 P/S) & off the shelf parts that were going to use....the parts used are as ordered with no hidden extra tricks / time & money spent.
We've all seen those wonderfull magizine wright ups on engine builds & dyno pulls with the dream team of engine guru's & tons of free bee parts supplied by manufactors ( bring'n there tricked out best of the best parts to the build see American Hot Rodder or Horse Power TV on the SAT )
Thats all fine & well mates... but in the real world for us work'n chaps were going to stick to a no tricks budget plan.
Cheers! & Best reguards!
Daryl aka Dr.Dee.... cross the pond
PS: Keep you posted... and thanks for any comments pro or con ,there most welcome.. keeps us all think'n out side the box.