Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 24th May 2006, 20:05

fastco is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 500+BHP engine off to the dyno room...

Hello mates... thanks for all your input & comments on our 500+BHP target budget build engine. And the news is the beast is finally done.. Were now going to dyno the little monster on our Superflow 901 dyno & get the real world BHP & torque #'s out'a her...will post the numbers next week. We'll also will have a digital video of it if anyone can tell me how to download it? I'd be glad to do it..sorry mates i'm a computer dummy here cross the pond.
Cheers! Dr.Dee
www.fastcoauto.com
Available from eBay
Old 24th May 2006, 20:28
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

This sounds great!

If you goto www.photobucket.com. Sign up and register it's free.

The goto video selection and select your file.

Then post the link here.
Old 26th May 2006, 05:12

Thumbs up Down load'n... thanks mate!

Hello sounds easy... i'll do that soon as were done flog'n the beast & squeeze every last drop of BHP & torque out of her on the dyno.
Bets are on in my camp she pegs 500+BHP & torque in the 470 ft lbs range..
We pulled a few econo tricks out'a our bag of tricks on this one .. but as i stated before no high dosh parts or super tricky machine work here it's pretty well straight up out the box goodies. And some off name brand parts.. sorry Mr Edelbrock there are no Ed parts in this engine.. don't get me wrong mates Ed makes A-1 quality parts & we use his heads & intakes & carbs on many of our builds.
This after all was a tight budget build with a target of 500+BHP so we put our money were we figured we would get the biggest bang for our dollar /
pound.
The overall idea was to build a 500+BHP engine that runs on pump gas 94 ron
and idles in the 800/900 RPM range & is as happy cruise'n the streets & the M
highyway system ......had a blast cruise'n the M's last year..great fun .. darn speed camera's took some fun out of it..oh well beats a 6.5ft tall 250lbs very mean Super Tropper pull'n you over & give'n you the third degree & take'n you off in hand cuffs to kangeroo court deep in the south to pay a very stiff fine ( cash or visa only) @ 2:00am let me assure you that is not fun.

Anyhow thanks for the advise on the download.. fingers cross.. keep you posted M8's
Cheers! Dr,Dee
Old 7th June 2006, 06:17

Thumbs up Video of engine dyno test..........

Hello from across the pond... well mates the dyno #'s are in & were 95% happy with the final BHP & torque #'s the beast delivered on the Superflow 901 dyno.
Here are the #'s 477.5 BHP @ 6300 RPM 469.6 ft lbs torque @ 4400 RPM
impressive numbers indeed sightly off the target of 500+BHP ... why good reason to my dismay the fellow who owns the Dyno Joey @ Gorden Race'n
only had 1 ' & 5/8th dia header pipes and nothing bigger in the house we needed 1' 7/8th to 2' dia for this beast. Needless to say it choked the engines output & no matter what we did we blew the headers gaskets out with each dyno pull.. the darn ports were to big for the small pipes.. dang!
Anyhow we phoned around the area no one had 2' pipes we could borrow..i could have bought a set of new Hooker Super comps @ 439.00USD a pr...
Not on this budget i said & carried on with the dyno testing anyway.
We all agreed we needed 22.5 BHP to hit the 500BHP sweet spot and the car a Ultima GTR with it 1' 7/8 dia headers & race mufflers would put us right about there no problems.
So in the end we are very pleased with the final results , remember this engine is a flat tappet cam engine with all the parts used as is out of the box no extra tricks. And built on a very tight budget around $8,000 USD turn key.
The beast idles @ 850/900 RPM pulls 12 hg vaccum @ idle , pulls to 6500 RPM very quickly , has a very wide power band , no searching for engines sweet spot during gear changes. Runs on pump gas , does not run on , runs cool max temp no matter how hard we beat on it 190F , shuts down with 0 run on or roll over at all.
All in all we are very pleased with this beasts performance CHEERS!
Dr.Dee
PS: For video go here http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...THeBIGPULL.flv
Hope this works.. oh and as always i've under rated the BHP posted... i do not like silly over rated BHP quotes that seems to be the norm in the world of high perf engines advertized BHP.. i guess i come from a differant school?
Anyway mates i'll post all the specs & pics of this build later...........