Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 18th December 2013, 12:19

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Well, it has three-lug wheels so that would suggest French hubs of Renault or Citroen origin possible, but in the 1930s?

Last edited by oxford1360; 18th December 2013 at 12:22..
Old 18th December 2013, 12:30

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Nope. Not French
Old 18th December 2013, 14:41

bladerunner is on a distinguished road

This is an Austin FW or a speedex silverstone which copied the body style. Are you going to make this body available to everybody Andy or does the car owner what to keep a set of moulds purely for repair?
This is nice shape but I am quessing that it is very small!
Old 18th December 2013, 15:03

Hi. Absolutely right, it is a Speedex Silverstone based on the Austin Seven. Once we have moulds which will effectively belong to the car's owner as you rightly say, to effect easier repair during the race seasons, we will discuss a limited release of copies. It is probably the smallest car I have worked with. I can get one foot into the pedal box and One butt cheek into the seating position.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:16

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Andy - The red Navigator is looking very good.

Unless you've heard from the Silver demonstrator, will this be the first Cordite/Navigator on the road?

( Although Mac is clearly catching up fast with his build. )

Finally, what is the Orange/Yellow car in the background?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:23

Hi Paul, Many thanks. As far as I know it will be the first. Most of the mechanical and electrical side of things are now connected with a bit more fettling to get done in the next week or two.
The Orange car is an Extreme Lamborghini which belongs to Gaz. The company building it went out of business before it was finished so it was rescued and is in a holding pattern whilst Gaz decides on the best way to deal with it.
Old 29th January 2014, 10:28

Default Merchandise

Gents!
All sorts going on here at Ribble HQ with the workshop gradually filling up with projects. Photos to follow but for the time being, we have the first of our branded merchandise ready to offer you.
Started with the idea of getting a couple of shirts for ourselves ready for the 2014 show season, but now available for general release.

Priced at only £15 each plus £3.00 (for up to 4 shirts) which includes embroidery of your name. To order, please PM me with your size, required name and postal address and I'll send you paypal account details by return.

We will also be having 'patches' made with just the logo for sewing into your own garments but we need an order of 20 to do this. They will be priced at £5.00. Again, Send a PM with details and I'll start a list.
Old 1st February 2014, 04:02

dougie.doo2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy. Like those shirts, eh. I am struggling with engine problems on my spitfire at the mo, may need a total rebuild yet. which is a christer. It would be really great to see some pictures or video from your workshop before I place my order, kind of a virtual meet'n'greet tour, as I can't be there in person,eh. Thanks Douglas
Old 1st February 2014, 15:52

garyh is on a distinguished road

I'd like to some pics to of the ribble factory too...
Old 1st February 2014, 22:59

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

me too....although we have just seen some fairly recent ones with the Lambo lurker in them .
Always good to see updates though .
This forum gives you the opportunity to showcase your wares and is invaluable in my opinion as a promotional tool. The ability to update regularly is a gift.
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:42

Hi all. I'll put together a few photos on Monday to give you a virtual 'walk through' of the workshop. Lots going on right now on the turnkey line so plenty to discuss once I've uploaded them.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:04

Hi guys,

As promised, here's a few tasters from Ribble HQ. We're getting nicely busy with turnkey projects and every one is different! We start with a couple of Navigators. Both are headed to France and both will be fitted with 2Ltr engines. You will see some modifications to the frame we are working on. The idea is that with so much weight 'up front' the more we can move to the back, the better. Both cars have the battery relocated rear of the cockpit and the bodyless car has the tank moved as far back as we dare:

Next up we have a Pilot we've named 'Ol Yeller, which will be going to Germany. This came back from Spray (The colour is an authentic 50's Jaguar Pale Primrose) and was snapped up within half a day! The new owner asked for some upgrades so all bushes will be changed to Poly and the engine upgraded to the Spitfire 1500cc with Overdrive. Behind it is Simon's car which will be covered in its own thread:

The next Navigator shell is currently parked on a Herald chassis. With the immense amount of work done last year to straighten and remould the Navigator, it seems to make sense to use that as a starting point to revive the Pilot rather than going over old ground with a Pilot shell. It will also feature the integrated bulkhead so negating the use of the donor's last 'rusty bit'. This will appear as time allows:

Next, Chassis stripped ready for the turnkey line. We try to keep one ahead of each marque rather than scurrying around for donors when an order comes in. That way we can get a rolling chassis at the price we want rather than entering a bidding war:

Now to 'Colani Corner'. The blue one in the background is our own original car and the foreground in Purple (It is going to be sprayed) is the first shell out of the new mould. That one is headed to Greece!

Turnkey line 1:

And the set wouldn't be complete without our Admin Staff (Sorry AndyP85):

More hidden in the background and will be shown when we're ready (or if you care to visit you may get a sneak peek)

Last edited by AndyP57; 3rd February 2014 at 16:25..
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:08

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Great to see. Well done chaps.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:55

phil9 is on a distinguished road

nice too see great
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:38

garyh is on a distinguished road

Nice one, Andy... I had no idea there was so much going on. Can we have more info on mods that you are doing.
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:34

adventuresoftimtim is on a distinguished road

Great work! looking forward to seeing what you guys do with the mods on the pilot shell
Old 4th February 2014, 06:51

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

it all looks very professionally. Perhaps you are growing out to be one of the biggest kitcar producers at the moment!
Michiel
Old 4th February 2014, 07:39

swifty is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy

There is alot more going on since my visit a couple of weeks ago, looking good keep up the development work,
Will be placing an order once i find a suitable donor (locally i hope), picked up a straight six so heading in the ight direction.
Old 4th February 2014, 17:39

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Andy - When I first saw a photo of your new premises, I thought it looked HUGE and you'd struggle to fill in.
How wrong was I? If anything you look like you could use a bit more space!!

That "Pale Primrose" is a lovely colour.
Although Micha is probably tutting away in German at the sight of some over spray.

I think it is a good idea to base the new Pilot on the new Navigator body.

I am planning to give the "Sticky" a bit of an update one of these days.
So I will include a section for the Colani.

Good luck, Paul.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:03

Thanks Paul. We're not quite struggling for space but it is always surprising how much of the 3, 500 sq ft we can fill! The beauty of 'Ol Yeller is that both front and back suspension will be completely stripped and powder coated so whilst it's apart, the chassis and floors are getting a good repaint. No overspray once it's back together. The next car to spray will be done differently. Working with the sprayers, we're going to fit the shell without bonding, remove it and send it alone to spray before coming back for final fit. We'll be letting you know how that idea gets on