Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 3rd October 2012, 15:52

Sarboy is on a distinguished road
Default E10 fuel

Hi all, I have an older Marlin with an injected EFi Pinto. Next year UK has signed up to serving petrol of the E10 standard which can include Ethanol content up to 10%. I have searched the forum but although there is a bit of doom and gloom I have found no ideas/ advice on how to combat this bit of political alchemy.
It seems that My metal components will corrode, my filters will need replacing more often, rubber parts will rot, I'll get less power and to cap it all I'll use more fuel as "they" reckon that mpg suffers due to the lower efficiency of the fuel.
Has anyone else with older engines studied the effect and cure of the ills supposedly arising from the introduction of this fuel?

Available from eBay
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:01
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

It reminds me of the Year200 (Y2K) software issue.

Some reports say it's the end of the world and everything will melt or corrode. Others say its a non issue.

Water absorption seems to be the biggest issue for classic or kit cars that are not used all year round. We might have to drain our fuel tanks when we send off the SORN?

I'm currently looking for some fuel hose for my current build. The only stuff I've found so far that is ethanol and pressure spec'd is made by Cohline is about £22 per metre!!
Apparently the traditional copper is no good any-more.

Anybody found anything cheaper?

...peter