Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 19th June 2013, 16:47

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default Local DVLA's closing in December

Guys,

I was recently in the Preston DVLA (VRO) office getting my Dad's 1954 FB motorbike taxed for the first time in 50 years, when I was informed they were going on strike, as the office was closing in December and they were all being made redundant.

I queried the staff as to who would be doing such registrations in the future and was informed it would be the postoffice or online!

I queried how the post office would be able to inspect my rebodied classic car and was informed that this is like to be transferred to VOSA.
(Is it VOSA that are responsible for IVA's?)

Do you think this is mis-information for the public or an honest update? The guy I spoke to recons they will all be working in ADSA across the road next year.

It might be simplest to get my body inspection done this year

Quick pass me the bonding paste!

HM
Available from eBay
Old 19th June 2013, 17:30

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

I guess the DVLA prefer to do business online. Helpfully once you have a vehicle up and running with Insurance and MOT it is an easy process to tax (or declare a SORN) online. It has certainly saved me a lot of hassle finding the bits of paper I used to need to take to the Post Office, now that they have your insurance and MOT details (and probably inside leg measurement) on their system its quite useful.

It is indeed VOSA that is responsible for the IVA. I guess their IVA inspection sites will end up doing the re-body inspections?

Nearest ones to Preston seems to be either Oldham or Carlisle! Bit of a pain for the Ribble guys as it might have been handy for them to arrange the VOSA re-body inspection through Preston of course.

Must be a better way of doing re-bodying inspections - maybe one day they'll just accept a photo of the new body on the car when its MOT'd?

Fanny B? Haven't seen the blue haze from one of those for a while. Great trials bike too...

Last edited by Nike55; 19th June 2013 at 17:33.. Reason: spellink
Old 19th June 2013, 21:18

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

When the Preston DVLA have done rebody checks for me they use the VOSA yard in Kirkham, not too far away, as their own car park is too small. Hopefully they will be doing them there when the office closes.
Old 20th June 2013, 09:22

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
When the Preston DVLA have done rebody checks for me they use the VOSA yard in Kirkham, not too far away, as their own car park is too small. Hopefully they will be doing them there when the office closes.
..but strangely not mentioned as a site on the VOSA website of IVA/SVA locations...

...neither is Poole..