Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th May 2012, 17:02

donnysoutherner is on a distinguished road
Default First update in a while!

So, got the bodyshell and frame on the Monday of the Stoneleigh Show. Bit tight in the garage (when the TVR is in as well) so ended up suspended from the ceiling...

Got the frame primed and spray painted and attached to the chassis by drilling straight through. Decided it was easier to take the front frame off the shell. both to get it on the car but also as it was much lighter to move the shell around. Did require significant use of the hammer and none of the holes marry up ...

Sprayed the bulkhead ready for attaching the the car, then decided I didn't like the colour...

So I've had to re-prep it and tomorrow will try again!

Also, will have to take the frame off again because I've decided that rather than make a rear floor from fibreglass and plywood, I'll use a spitfire boot floor and wheel arches. Much easier I reckon. I sold my shell for £300 so i've had to go to my (becoming)good friend Gary at Spitfire graveyard to buy a chopped out piece for £60. Might be worth other Cordite owners bearing this in mind before they sell or scrap their shell.

Gary; Might be an option for you to take a mould of a spitfire arches and boot floor, cut it to make it fit and sell as an option for the Cordite? Would save loads of time.

Anyway, that's where I'm at, Hoping to get to a stage where boot floor and wheel arches are on tomorrow and Bulkhead is sprayed ready to go on the car. Bet it will all go wrong now...