Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th October 2014, 21:54

DapperDan is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Alert !!!!

Hi Chaps (and any Chapettes?)

The dreaded newbie intro thread/post! Apologise if there is a dedicated intro thread somewhere but I couldnt see it?

So..... probably like a good few of you in the past, last night I stumbled across the whole Ribble/ Sammio / Miglia - world by accident... I think I was looking at classic brit sports cars on ebay and stumbled upon the red ribble demo car for sale for 5 grand?...thought it was a typo or error at that price!! so delved further....discovered the ribble and Miglia website, then got only about 3 hours sleep last night like an over excited schoolboy searching the entire net for info, pics and then a good fews hours in youtube land watching anything sammio/ribble/ Miglia related... have spent all day with a grin talking about this new car/triumph/kit that ive discovered and how great and stylish and on point they all look....how simple the conversion looks (im no mechanic)...I even went out today and bought Triumph World magazine... lol
By tea time tonight I had decided I need to build about 3 as I cant decide on just one colour/wheel combo or which exact models/ variations I prefer .

So of course ultimately late today I landed here! and have spent a good few hours trawling through pics and threads and have established you are mostly a seemingly very nice and helpful bunch of people! .. But I also now discover there is not only yet MORE changes recently regarding the various kits, names, who owns what company etc....but I also read things are not quite as quick and simple as the various sites make them out?...but...going by some pics of finished cars....excellent examples are achievable!

So...I suppose first off....Hi everyone....Im Dan.... 41, obsessed with vintage and classic cars and historic motorsport.... love anything old or vintage full stop...antiques, style, fashion.. you name it. I wish Goodwood Revival was 365 days a year!...

So before I get any more excited and continue planning my un purchased project or kit in my head....can someone briefly (if thats possible) just sum up what is the current state of play? who now owns what? what are the models now available? what are they based on? whats in the pipeline?

it seems most are leaning toward the spitfire based stuff over the herald? what is the reason?...is the shorter wheelbase better? in looks or handling?

and secondly (lastly for now)...I stumbled upon someones build blog online who had fitted 15" wire wheels which if its possible would definitely be my choice as it (to me) fills the arch more and looks better.....how easy is this? he fitted a sleeve to the steering to stop the wheels rubbing on full lock? and if so can 15" (presumable have to be triumph) wires fit all the different kits and models?

Bye for now....jesus...I went on a bit sorry! (excited schoolboy in the house!)

Dan

p.s.. can the two guys who film all the youtube sammio vids buy themselves a new video camera that doesnt go all bendy and distorted ha ha....thought I had an inner ear infection !
Available from eBay