Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 1st August 2011, 21:35

revesby37 is on a distinguished road
Default M20 engine and gearbox

I just bought a spare engine and gearbox,complete with starter motor, alternator, and all the trimmings. Even plugs and new oil! However, when it arrived today, to my disappointment it is an M20 engine. My Sportster has the earlier (and bigger) M30. Before I send it back, I wondered if anyone out there had a use for it? Not expensive. dy

Andy
Available from eBay
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:57
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by revesby37 View Post
I just bought a spare engine and gearbox,complete with starter motor, alternator, and all the trimmings. Even plugs and new oil! However, when it arrived today, to my disappointment it is an M20 engine. My Sportster has the earlier (and bigger) M30. Before I send it back, I wondered if anyone out there had a use for it? Not expensive. dy

Andy
Hi Andy,
welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I don't need any more engines as I've already got 3 but it might be useful to others to state what size it is (e.g.2.5litre) and any other details like mileage, etc.

BTW, is this your car?

Marlin Sportster by marlinpeter, on Flickr
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:45

revesby37 is on a distinguished road

Hi Peter. The engine's a 2.5, taken from an 325i E30, 1992. Not sure of the mileage, although the seller suggested 90,000. But then he also said it was an M30!
Yes, the picture's my Sportster, although taken before I had it. This is my third year. Haven't done much to it, although I made a windshield to replace the aero screen after getting a soaking in Spain last summer. The screen stops water washong up the bonnet and over the dash!

Andy
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:51
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by revesby37 View Post
Hi Peter. The engine's a 2.5, taken from an 325i E30, 1992. Not sure of the mileage, although the seller suggested 90,000. But then he also said it was an M30!
Yes, the picture's my Sportster, although taken before I had it. This is my third year. Haven't done much to it, although I made a windshield to replace the aero screen after getting a soaking in Spain last summer. The screen stops water washong up the bonnet and over the dash!

Andy
Very nice car! Good luck selling the M20 and I hope you find the M30 your looking for. I guess there are not many M30's around these days?

cheers

Peter
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:16
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

mm that is a nice car
Old 18th October 2011, 20:50
Enthusiast

I just spotted that there is an BMW M30 engine currently for sale on ebay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2208756412...ht_5534wt_1344

Item number: 220875641230