BTW. does anybody know why there is a attachment from the frame to the chassis missing in the middle? Is this deliberate, for some reason unknown to me, or just a case of not being bothered to weld it on?
Here are some photos to show progress I made lately. I could work on and off on the car, so not loads done but I'm another step closer.
First, after delaying it for a long time, I decided to make dollies to be able to move the car easier within the garage, mainly to be able to approach both sides of the car due to the lack of space.
Great little things, I wish I made them earlier
I also bought a bead roller to make flanges on joining panels. The panels are attached/rivetted to each other, so they will be flush fitted. Those panels that will be removable are bolted together.
For those I have used aluminium rivnuts and bolts.
I might add some beads onto the panels, but I'm not sure about that yet.
Using cleco pins makes it possible to finish the job on the bench.
I will install these panels permanently after I've bonded the body onto the subframe, so I have better access to bond and fibreglass the body to the frame where needed.
I will also install the back compartment after bonding the body and I have already fabricated those panels too.