Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 6th October 2007, 16:15
Enthusiast

SDMC001 is on a distinguished road
Default Marlin owners club

To all EXI builders I am trying to promote the Marlin owners club, I have been a member now for about 18 months, and we are trying to drum up more exi builders, we already have many other Marlin builders, and would be builders are welcome if they chose. With the club we have a by monthly magazine called Pit stop which has some interesting articles, albeit at the moment more aimed at other Marlin kit cars, but I have put articles in it for some time regarding my build, and I am sure the editor would welcome other builds being added.

They arrange various rallies and some times weekends, and longer breaks which can be good to meet other fellow builders, and just have a good time. There is an annual dinner and dance this year held in February, again a good chance to meet up with others, and just have a pleasant weekend away.

If this would be of interest to you, please follow the link, and join the MOC.

Thanks Steve

http://marlinownersclub.com/index.php
Available from eBay
Old 6th October 2007, 18:35
Enthusiast

bigrich is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hi Steve,

I'm in the club myself...have been for the last 6 months or so...... to be honest.....all a bit of a dead loss.

Aside form the articles you have written on building your exi I can see nothing in the club for exi builders....this months issue of pitstop doesn't even mention an exi from cover to cover (as far as I can see)

....I submitted pictures of my orange car for the 2008 calendar...the response was that they already had one exi (yours I know!) in the calendar and that was enough......seems it was full of those older Marlin cars.

To me this isn't a Marlin owners club....it is a 'traditional' Marlin owners club...the exi doesn't fit....so gets excluded.

Maybe this isn't intentional, but it's how it feels to me.

I get a lot more out of this forum and meeting up with you gang at the shows from time to time.....

Maybe if enough of the builders on line were to join this could change??

Rich
Old 6th October 2007, 18:59
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

The sportster forum over there is pretty dead too, lots more activity here (although that may be more down to the forum software itself...) but yeah its really non-existant on the exi front. I think it just needs more people over there