Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds

Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds For Vintage and Classic era kit cars. Post your build reports, problems and progress here

Old 11th June 2020, 07:28

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I got my 550 Spyder aeroscreen (together with a 550 dash moulding and an engine grille) from Martin & walker in Andover.

http://www.technic-motorsport.com/M&...e/contact.html

They're real classic Porsche enthusiuasts and, ultimately they did really help me by supplying the parts I needed but it wasn't exactly 'click and collect' as they're absolutely snowed under with orders for their 904GTS replica.

From memory that's at a base price of around £55k for a built up body/rolling chassis for you to add your own engine to, so I was a bit of a tiddler nibbling their toes rather than the catch of the day in financial terms.

I persevered with emails and the odd telephone call, though, and they were good enough to sort out the parts for me.

Anyway, their website still shows a complete 356 Speedster screen assembly for under £500 so it would be worth contacting them to see if they can help. The site hasn't been updated since 2012, mind, so that price could be a bit out of date.

http://technic-motorsport.com/M&W%20...s%20parts.html

They might also be able to help with a bonnet, but, as I said, they're really very busy.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Available from eBay
Old 11th June 2020, 17:43

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Hmm, I got my 550 Spyder aeroscreen (together with a 550 dash moulding and an engine grille) from Martin & walker in Andover.

http://www.technic-motorsport.com/M&...e/contact.html

They're real classic Porsche enthusiuasts and, ultimately they did really help me by supplying the parts I needed but it wasn't exactly 'click and collect' as they're absolutely snowed under with orders for their 904GTS replica.

From memory that's at a base price of around £55k for a built up body/rolling chassis for you to add your own engine to, so I was a bit of a tiddler nibbling their toes rather than the catch of the day in financial terms.

I persevered with emails and the odd telephone call, though, and they were good enough to sort out the parts for me.

Anyway, their website still shows a complete 356 Speedster screen assembly for under £500 so it would be worth contacting them to see if they can help. The site hasn't been updated since 2012, mind, so that price could be a bit out of date.

http://technic-motorsport.com/M&W%20...s%20parts.html

They might also be able to help with a bonnet, but, as I said, they're really very busy.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

cheers and thanks for the info Mister Towed, I will give them a ring when I have it sat on 4 wheels .