Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 29th October 2013, 08:01

cabbage is on a distinguished road

A couple more minor updates, drive shaft tunnel fabrication, and yes i will remember to cut a hole for the hand brake. :-)

Old 29th October 2013, 08:37

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's nice and shiny. Makes my discarded piece of grey guttering look like, well, a discarded piece of grey guttering.

Keep up the good work!
Old 29th October 2013, 08:42

It is rather shiny, its almost a shame to paint it, but i think i will have to in the same silver as the rest of the cabin, it will then be trimmed in quilted leather but i have yet to decide on colour. :-)
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:39

garyh is on a distinguished road

I see, said the blind man... i think we're due an update, so if you could supply some close ups that would be helpful. Once i get to this stage i was going to make round discs on posts that could be welded to the frame with bonding paste on disc stuck to body?
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:58

Sure :-) i'll get on to that tonight as there has been a bit of progress since :-)

The main areas i attached the body were

1) Alu sheeting around the bulkhead, this is composite bonded and riveted to the front of the body all around the front lip.

2) the top of the sides where you get in and out are riveted and bonded to the alu tub sidewalls.

3) the rear of the cabin, tob and frame are sandwiched, bonded and riveted in place.

4) aluminium brackets stretch from the fuel tank supports to the body either side of the access hatch. The load is spread via alu strips which are riveted down each side of the rear.

5) semi-circular alu plates are riveted and composite bonded to the outriggers, these mat up perfectly to the isdie of the rear body, stopping any vibrations, this gives enough support to sit on quite easily.

Tips)

1) I use rubber seals along any sharp edges of aluminium which are not bent over to avoid rubbing and damaging the body.

2) I use composite bond from a mastic gun style tube on all surfaces where the alu, fram and body meet to absorbe and vibration and avoid fatigue from the rivets, its very very strong stuff.
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:09

garyh is on a distinguished road

Can you let me know what the mastic is called. Ta.