Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 30th January 2009, 12:34
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road
Default Date for last SVA test

I think most of us are aware that the last SVA test will take place at the end of April but does anyone know the cutoff date for applying?

I was going to wait for the new IVA but it seems it will be much more expensive (£500+ arghhh) so I might see if I can finish my build in time for the SVA.

Cheers

Robin
Available from eBay
Old 30th January 2009, 12:56

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

It's either very soon or just gone. Got an icling it was either end Jan or end Feb. You could try ringing the DVLA to confirm, they were quite helpfull when i spoke to them - you do have to ask for the "SVA Testing And Support Services" tem when you get through to an operator
Old 30th January 2009, 15:51
Enthusiast

Bother (or words to that effect). I contacted Vosa today and they confirmed that they haven't published a price for the new test yet so I don't know where the £500+ figure I saw in the Kit Car mag came from. Perhaps they have inside information....
Old 30th January 2009, 16:04

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

Thing is they were being buggers back in September when I put my application trying to delay my application until it was too late, suggesting it would be near impossible to get an application and test done within the time limit.

Although the actual cost is not known yet, the tester I had suggested that it was generally acknowledged within VOSA that it would be considerably more expensive and definately "no easier" to pass
Old 30th January 2009, 19:49
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinClan View Post
Bother (or words to that effect). I contacted Vosa today and they confirmed that they haven't published a price for the new test yet so I don't know where the £500+ figure I saw in the Kit Car mag came from. Perhaps they have inside information....
When I booked mine there was a long waiting list. I paid extra to have an 'out of hours' test which then got me a more reasonable date. (mine started at 7am which was classed as 'out of hours'). I can't rember the extra fee but it is on the SVA application form in the price section. Also, it appeared that some test stations had much longer waiting lists than others, so you have to ring around.

It might be worth getting an SVA test booked, as even if you pay extra it will be cheaper than the IVA. If it fails I assume you'd pay the SVA re-test fee?

Another point is that you put your application in and then a few weeks later they write to you asking for evidence that you built it. You then send them a load of photos in the post and then you you wait another couple of weeks while you wait for yours to get to the top of the pile!! The morale is, don't leave it too long!

I'd get an SVA test booked as close as possible to the last available date and go for it!
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:01
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road

Last date for SVA applications is 28th Feb according to this:
http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.u...ember%2012.pdf
I think I'm going to apply for a date at the end of April and madly try to finish it by then!
Good luck
Tim
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:07
Enthusiast

Thanks Timbo

So the last date to apply for a test is the end of this month (February) and the last actual test is the 28th of April. But.....

You can have a retest up to 6 months after so best to get the car tested now and, even if you fail, you then don't have to do the IVA (and pay whatever the new fee is) as long as you fix the problems within 6 months.

Think I will go for it as well....

Robin
Old 11th March 2009, 12:33
Enthusiast

Vindi_Andy is on a distinguished road

Dont know if you have applied yet bvut the cut off for applications has been extended until 20th march
Old 11th March 2009, 12:40
Enthusiast

Thanks - yes I have applied. My test is on the 21st of April. If they have changed the last date you can apply I wonder if the last date that you can have a test has also changed?

Robin