Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 13th March 2009, 18:20
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road
Default Engine started

5 weeks til SVA and my engine now runs!! Apparently I'd wired up one of the relays incorrectly, but the electrician was fairly impressed with my amateur efforts! I'd successfully negotiated the BMW immobiliser at any rate.
The temperature gauge goes off the scale, I think it is a sender problem ie the BMW sender doesn't match properly with the gauge, so a new sender is needed (I think the gauge suppliers do them)
And discovered the reason the some of the warning lights weren't working - no bulbs
Tim

PS Peter
Thanks for the underlay source, it arrived very quickly! Let me know if I can help with your engine wiring.
Available from eBay
Old 13th March 2009, 19:45
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Well done, engine start is always great
Old 13th March 2009, 21:25
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Tim,
that's great news, well done. It'll be great to see and hear the first M52 Sportster!

My engine refit is on hold due to an extension to my garage for a large new workshop.
It'll have an automatic parts washer, a sink for de-greasing, extractor hood with fan for the fumes and an oven for paint drying with lots of storage for tools and work benches for engine re-building.

(Strangely, my wife calls it a 'kitchen' ............ but I need to google that to find out what she is talking about )

Old 21st March 2009, 17:18
Enthusiast

timbo is on a distinguished road

Engine won't start again! We're pretty sure its a problem with the codes between the ECU and immobiliser, so we've come up with a drastic solution - use the ECU, immobiliser and key from my current BMW (which I was going to scrap after finishing the Sportster anyway) which fortunately has the same MS42 DME, and at least I know it works!
On the plus side, the side exhausts are finished and looking good
Tim