Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds

Vintage and Classic Roadster Kit Car Builds For Vintage and Classic era kit cars. Post your build reports, problems and progress here

Old 26th January 2017, 18:34

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Cool Colour

Jumping the gun, I know, but this is the colour I fancy but with gold wires and grille.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monaco Colour.jpg (99.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 28th January 2017 at 20:51..
Available from eBay
Old 27th January 2017, 01:22

Car photographer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Jumping the gun, I know, but this is the colour I fancy but with gold wires and grille.
I agree, but then I am biased
Old 27th January 2017, 07:52

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mick - It certainly looks like a challenging project.

If it helps, Micky1Mo's Moss Monaco build thread is here:
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ead.php?t=5728

And this is Car Photographer's colour scheme on his Fiorano.

Good luck, Paul.
Old 27th January 2017, 08:11

Cool Cool!

Thanks Paul. I'm just signing up to Photobucket so future posts will be a little more viewer friendly.

I'm straining at the leash to get crawling over the Monaco, dismantling and making lists of jobs and purchases.

With spring and summer on the way I'll be able to make a decent start between sorties to Castle Combe, Shelsley Walsh and Prescott in the A352 'D'.

Happy Days

Regards, Mick
Old 27th January 2017, 08:24

Question Testing, testing.

This is the inspirational picture posted on FB on Christmas Day.

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 25th November 2018 at 16:15..
Old 28th January 2017, 09:38

Thumbs up Happy Days

Bit of a non-sequitur, but yesterday, whilst searching though my mountain of kit car photo's for Monaco ones, I found this.

I'd not long finished the blue Phaeton II, 1300 Triumph powered, when the grey one came to my notice. I paid £350. It was Ford 1700 V4 powered. This engine earned a few bob at the scrap merchants, all it was good for, to be replaced by a 1300 X-Flow and passed on to a club member. He completed it, had it sprayed, and promptly wrote it off.

My friend's red Phaeton started life in black with 1300 Triumph power, in the incarnation pictured it had a 1500 Triumph. He then painted in in Marlboro Mclaren dayglo and white and installed a 2500 Ford V6. We went to Le Mans in it in '91, blowing a half shaft on the way back. Its fourth and final incarnation was in BRG with a yellow centre stripe and a 3500 Rover V8. I took it round Castle Combe and can confirm it was a rocket. I'll post more pictures if I find any.

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 28th January 2017 at 20:32..
Old 24th June 2017, 17:33

Quote:
I'll post more pictures if I find any.

Regards, Mick
Whilst searching for a photo' of my laps of Castle Combe in a 550 Spyder, I at last came across one of my friend's Phaeton in M'boro McClaren colours. I'm the gormo on the right, blinking at exactly the wrong moment, and my kit car pal of 35 years on the left gives away the era with his mullet!

Happy Days

I also found a forgotten Monaco picture taken at Stoneleigh in 20**?

Regards, Mick

Old 7th June 2020, 07:49

Talking Blast From The Past

Quote:
Bit of a non-sequitur, but yesterday, whilst searching though my mountain of kit car photo's for Monaco ones, I found this.

I'd not long finished the blue Phaeton II, 1300 Triumph powered, when the grey one came to my notice. I paid £350. It was Ford 1700 V4 powered. This engine earned a few bob at the scrap merchants, all it was good for, to be replaced by a 1300 X-Flow and passed on to a club member. He completed it, had it sprayed, and promptly wrote it off.

My friend's red Phaeton started life in black with 1300 Triumph power, in the incarnation pictured it had a 1500 Triumph. He then painted in in Marlboro Mclaren dayglo and white and installed a 2500 Ford V6. We went to Le Mans in it in '91, blowing a half shaft on the way back. Its fourth and final incarnation was in BRG with a yellow centre stripe and a 3500 Rover V8. I took it round Castle Combe and can confirm it was a rocket. I'll post more pictures if I find any.

Regards, Mick
This appeared on ebay a few days ago. I'm tempted to take up the 'Make Offer' option, bidding what I paid for it back in '89 - £80 .

I brush painted it from its original yellow with Ripcerol left over from my first Phaeton above. I swapped it for yet another Phaeton which I fitted with a Rover V8. Happy Days.

Regards, Mick