Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 27th March 2012, 09:17

marcus944 is on a distinguished road

hi all just a quick qest while i am waiting for the v5 to come bk from dvla as waiting for it to be delivered to person i got car from so i can then gone down the long road of trying to get it reg as a morgan kit car which i know is not going to be easy but like i said before i have lots of proof it was being driven on the road as it is from 1989 as far as paper work says maybe longer who knows.
what would be my worst at come to be able to get it legal on the road.
as so far i have spent around £50 on parts to get it started but is not running right so before i spend any more money would just like to know .as i plan to get
new carb
new fuel pump
new pully and belts
new brakes and maybe shocks at moment the ones on the car all work but while it off the road and i have time to spend and parts not to dear why not i am not doing any off this work til i have got dvla sorted out
http://tinypic.com/r/2a85hg3/5http://tinypic.com/r/al3t6u/5
http://tinypic.com/r/ofvac8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2a85hg3/5

some pics of it all polish up lol
Old 30th March 2012, 14:30

Ben Caswell is on a distinguished road

Its a Ryder Royal 1981-2

They also took over the Pelland

Info thanks to Filby "Classic Kit Cars"

The important thing with the paper work is make sure the Ins cert and MOT both say the same as the V5c otherwise you wont get a tax disc.

Dont spend too many pennies until you get the MOT.

Best of Luck

Last edited by Ben Caswell; 30th March 2012 at 16:03.. Reason: Additional info
Old 31st March 2012, 10:35

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

I don't know the dimensions of your Ryder Royale, Marcus944, but if it's the same as the standard Beetle and this was only a re-body job then it may be easier to 'legalise'. I don't know how much more info there is in Peter Filby's book on the model.

(I always wondered what happened to Pelland and the 'Pellandini' - thanks Ben)
Old 31st March 2012, 11:23

Ben Caswell is on a distinguished road

Try this site only a brief mention of the Royale but still interesting

http://pellandrembrandtregister.co.uk/1990to1995.aspx
Old 31st March 2012, 13:18

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
''The Rembrandt had a stablemate called the Ryder Royale which was a convincing Morgan Plus 8 look-alike until you found that the nicely moulded bodyshell was mounted on a standard VW Beetle floorpan..'
V. interesting. That should also help Marcus944 out if his has a standard floorpan too - no IVA. Might need to prove it though.
Old 31st March 2012, 13:46

well done ben thanks for your help at least now my car has a name lol
Old 31st March 2012, 16:47
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Caswell View Post
Its a Ryder Royal 1981-2

They also took over the Pelland

Info thanks to Filby "Classic Kit Cars"

The important thing with the paper work is make sure the Ins cert and MOT both say the same as the V5c otherwise you wont get a tax disc.

Dont spend too many pennies until you get the MOT.

Best of Luck
Good Spot

Marcus, do you mind if I use some of the photos of your car so that I can list it on Classic-Kitcars.com?

John
Old 31st March 2012, 18:20

yes mate no problem use my pictures but please understand that is just how it looks now as i got it.
as i plan to spend lots of money on it things i plan to do
morgan dashboard
full leather trim
new seats
morgan bumpers
morgan lights
morgan mirrors
morgan door handles
wire wheels
windscreen to chrome
as for the back look at changeing it to look more likes spare wheel only plus add luggage rack petrol cap
change it to 3 wipers blades and a full respray
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:24

hi just to keep yous updated i have spoke to chris at the pelland website about the ryder royale and this was his reply

Hi Mark

Thanks for your email. If you do have a Ryder Royale then you have a very rare car as there was only twelve cars produced in total. The car originated in the USA and was introduced to the UK around 1980ish. It was essentially a Morgan replica but originally based on VW Beetle mechanicals. Rob Ryder of Ryder Designs acquired the project as a stablemate to the Ryder Rembrandt, (Pelland Sports). There was nothing really wrong with the car...quality moulding and panel fit but it was around when kit car manufacturers were turning away from the VW as a donor and looking towards the Vaxhall Viva and Ford Cortina as alternatives....in short it was outdated. Ryder Designs folded and the project along with the Rembrandt was sold to Grahams Autos up in Gateshead. GA did very little with the project...poor marketing and massively under-funded. whilst the Rembrandt eventually ended up with Listair and became the Dash, the Royale passed from hand to hand becoming the Sabre Cars Royale and latterly the Montreaux. The last version of the Royale was re-jigged and used Viva HC mechanicals............it didn't sell and dropped out of sight pretty quickly.

This is the only info I have I'm afraid....no pictures unfortunately...hope this is of some help.

Regards Chris