Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 4th August 2011, 20:12
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorton View Post
I find it impossible to connect to the old MOC web site. Is this just my failure or has the new site started under a new address?
I can confirm that this is a problem with the MOC website server and not your PC or Internet service provider. I have no idea how many members have no access and most will have no idea how to report the issue.
As Patrick said, it happened once before and after months of waiting it got fixed. It broke again a few weeks ago.
Sadly, there is now little or no benefit to current Marlin models from that club but if you really do want to get access you can access the site using a proxy. Try http://hidemyass.com/ (I know it sounds dodgy, but it really does work!)

Apologies for breaking my own rule of not discussing the MOC on this forum, but I thought this was of general benefit to this forum's members.

(BTW there is no new MOC website)
Old 4th August 2011, 20:46
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
I can confirm that this is a problem with the MOC website server and not your PC or Internet service provider. I have no idea how many members have no access and most will have no idea how to report the issue.
As Patrick said, it happened once before and after months of waiting it got fixed. It broke again a few weeks ago.
Sadly, there is now little or no benefit to current Marlin models from that club but if you really do want to get access you can access the site using a proxy. Try http://hidemyass.com/ (I know it sounds dodgy, but it really does work!)

Apologies for breaking my own rule of not discussing the MOC on this forum, but I thought this was of general benefit to this forum's members.

(BTW there is no new MOC website)
I still have the usual access?
Mike
Old 4th August 2011, 20:49
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

It's dependant on your ISP / originating IP address so doesn't effect everyone.
Old 4th August 2011, 23:38

Sorton is on a distinguished road

Thanks Peter, I now have access and a bit more knowledge about the internet. I'm afraid proxy sites were a closed book until your post. My reason for access was to look into the details of the older model Marlins. As my build is on hold I am tempted to find something like a cheap Roadster just to get some wind in my hair (what's left of it!!!) and blow the cobwebs away.
Sorton
Old 5th August 2011, 21:05
Enthusiast

Question

[Sadly, there is now little or no benefit to current Marlin models from that club but if you really do want to get access you can access the site using a proxy. Try http://hidemyass.com/ (I know it sounds dodgy, but it really does work!)

[/QUOTE]

Peter
Why do you think current model builders do not use the MOC web site?
I know you want to keep this site free of politics, but how else can we improve the MOC site if we do not get the views of those using other sites in preference to the MOC site?

I would like to see a social forumand ability to send PMs akin to this one, the ability to order club goods by email, and payment by paypal, for starters.

Mike
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:59
Enthusiast

Unhappy

New MOC website now live....

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/index.html

...but I'm already disappointed to see no Sportsters on the home page :-(
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:06
Enthusiast

GreatOldOne is on a distinguished road

I've logged on, but can not post or edit my previously posted thread entries...
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:09

JONORacing is on a distinguished road

Not the best but I've posted on the Facebook page my comments and will comment the same on the website but dissapointed sums it up quite well. Not really a new website, just new layout, and somehow still seems to be old fashioned.
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:18
Enthusiast

I still can't post anything over there. It refuses to believe I'm logged on!

I've contacted the support guy - I'll have to wait to update the Servo threads over there.

BTW - anyone having issues with the colour scheme - you can go to a much better 'light' default scheme by selecting it from a dropdown list situated at the foot of the page. Makes everything much more readable.
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:36

mashtun is on a distinguished road

Anyone seen a link to go directly to the first unread post in a thread (as there is in this forum's vBulletin interface)?
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:51
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post

BTW - anyone having issues with the colour scheme - you can go to a much better 'light' default scheme by selecting it from a dropdown list situated at the foot of the page. Makes everything much more readable.
But the default colour scheme is very wishy washy...
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:54
Enthusiast

Quote:
I still can't post anything over there. It refuses to believe I'm logged on!

Do we all have the same issue of not being recognised at login?

Also it has changed everyone's name to their email address.
Old 23rd November 2011, 08:01
Enthusiast

You should have had an email from Jon at Cyberpharm welcoming you to the new site. It tells the reasoning behind the new logon (it's the first part of your email address, up to the @).

It also has a link to a change username page which you can use for the first week to change it to whatever you want.
Old 23rd November 2011, 08:19
Enthusiast

Quote:
You should have had an email from Jon at Cyberpharm welcoming you to the new site. It tells the reasoning behind the new logon (it's the first part of your email address, up to the @).

It also has a link to a change username page which you can use for the first week to change it to whatever you want.
Jason

I have not had an email from Jon. Can you post Jon's email address here for others too, please?

And a copy of his email with the instructions, please?

mike
Old 23rd November 2011, 08:23
Enthusiast

Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOC Mailer
Dear Marlin Owners Club Forum Member,

My name is Jon Rogers and I am writing to you as an introduction to the new Marlin Owners Club website and forum. At CyberPharm we have been working with your committee to produce your new website which will be going live today, Tuesday 22nd. When this happens there are a few changes you need to know about in order to get the most out of the new site.

The forum is where the most obvious changes will happen, the old forum is being replaced with a vBulletin forum and as a result we have had to make a change to how you will log in.

Previously club members and non-club members had the same access to the forum. In the new forum non-club members will not be allowed to post, also there is a section which is only visible to members with club discussions and access to Pitstop issues.

In the old forum you used your email addresses and a password to log in. On the new forum your password will be the same but your user name is no-longer your email address.

In vBulletin based forums the user name you log in with is also the name which is displayed on all your posts. Obviously no one wants their email address published on every post they have ever made to the MOC forum, so we have generated a new user name for everyone.

We have taken your email address and used everything before the '@' symbol as your new user name, so john.smith@hotmail.com will now log in with john.smith and the password he used previously.

So in your case you will log in using: greatoldone

And your existing password:xxxxxxxx

Should you wish to change your user name we have set up facility for you to do this which will be available when the new site is live. However we would ask that you change your user name within the first week (so before Tuesday 6th of December) as after this date this facility will no-longer be available.

To change your user name please use this internet page which will be available once the new site is live:

www.marlinownersclub.com/forum_user.php

Enter your new user name and confirm using your password.

Your forum account will be updated immediately but it may take a little while for this change to filter down to existing posts.

Later today when the site goes live, you will still access this via the same address as always (www.marlinownersclub.com) although you may find it is inaccessible for a few minutes during the change over.

That is everything you should need to get started, as a final suggestion, if any of you have been a moderator on a vBulletin forum in the past then it would be great if you could volunteer your expertise as this is certainly something the club will need going forward.

Should you experience any technical problems please email help@marlinownersclub.com

On behalf of everyone at CyberPharm I wish you all the best with your new site!

Jon Rogers
Jon's email is the 'help' one.
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:02
Enthusiast

There was a fault with the change User Name script which Jon Rogers says is now fixed.
He has manually changed my user name back to Peterx (my previous MOC monica) but now I am not able to login at all?

I have let him know...
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:19
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've logged on, but can not post or edit my previously posted thread entries...
Now I have the same problem....

Unable to post a picture from my Flickr account...
It logs me out everytime I try to post a reply.
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:24
Enthusiast

I can't even log into the change username screen!
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:28
Enthusiast

Quote:
I can't even log into the change username screen!
Isn't it good IT practice to run the old and new in parallel until most of the bugs are ironed out?

We can't even fire off comments on the old site as it has been closed already.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:56
Enthusiast

It now appears to be working for me - I've updated the Servo posts over there.