Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 31st January 2008, 10:55
Enthusiast

craig is on a distinguished road
Default New thread! door opening?

John, I have my remote central locking working now but still need to get some sort of button release in the car!

I would prefer to use a blank savage momentary switch to match the others but is this possible? I thought I would be able to splice into the wires of my central locking but there is only 0.3v travelling down the wires when activated

I looked at the link you put up for ebay but this would mean having 2 door opening solenoids each side would it not?

Craig
Available from eBay
Old 31st January 2008, 11:37
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Craig.

How have you got your central locking working? What is happening? what are you using?

Does it open the doors?

You only need them solenoids from ebay to "pop" the catch to open the doors. If you have managed to do this already, you don't need them from ebay.
Old 31st January 2008, 12:40
Enthusiast

Hi John, it's sorted now haha remote central locking on and working with buttons on the inside wired and working just about to order the savage blanks now so should be done by tomorrow

Craig

ps I ordered a remote cental locking kit from ebay seems to work fine
Old 31st January 2008, 13:25
Enthusiast

Well done Craig. I would have like to wire in to the alarm. But dash and windscreen is on. Plus cut all alarm wires short before knowing about the opening of the doors.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:31
Enthusiast

John, the dash and screen would not have affected mine anyway as I have taken a perm feed from rear fuse box and run the wires down center tunnel.

I have just got to put correct all the lengths now and solder in place

Craig
Old 31st January 2008, 15:55
Enthusiast

I have also sorted the both doors popping open problem now! Right fob button opens drivers and left button opens passengers.

Thought this may take a while but very quick and easy next job dash trimming then screen in and we are away

Craig
Old 1st February 2008, 19:58
Enthusiast

I should have known it would not have been so simple!

Everything works and I have the savage buttons on now but there is a (hopefully) small problem I need help with!

The remote fob works fine just exactly the same as any other car press once and the lever on the solenoid pulls back but straight after it pulls back and the door opens it reverts back to it's normal position which it should....as this enables the lock to engage again if the door is shut.

However to get the button to work there are 2 wires leading to the solenoid one controls unlocking the other locking, I spliced into the unlocking wire with perm 12v through the momentary switch. Now this is where I have a problem when I press the switch the door opens but the solenoid does not revert back to it's pre unlock position hence if you shut the door after opening with the switch it does not engage the lock as the lock is left open!

Hope this makes sense

Cheers for any help

Craig
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:53
Enthusiast

Hi Craig.

What central locking system and alarm "fob" system are you using? Want to see if I can get hold of a wiring diagram. To get a better understanding.

It does make sense as usually all central locking systems would open the doors at the same time. But what you need is the "fob" system to have separate outputs for each door. These separate outputs would then control each door.

You can then use the perm for the door switches only. Connected to each of the door solenoids.

Depending on current the solenoids use, run them through relays. I that had a problem on mine where the current was destroying the push buttons. Ended up running them through relays.

I hope I'm making sense.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:17
Enthusiast

John, all the wiring on nearly all the central locking kits is the same here is the one I bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Remo...QQcmdZViewItem

The way I got around the door opening for the passenger door I reversed the wires on the solenoid so that unlock opens the drivers and lock opens the passengers! This works fine as lock on fob is not needed with my doors

The only thing I can think of is that after using the fob to open a door current is also present for a very short time on the lock side which puts the solenoid back to its resting position, but that cant be right as even a burst would put solenoid into the lock position.

It states that relays are not needed on wiring. Basically everthing works a treat apart from the solenoid does not return to its resting position after using the switch hence leaving the lock in it's open position
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:10
Enthusiast

Hi Craig.

It might be by design of the device that it holds the lock on.

The only way I can think of is like this :

http://www.a1electric.com/popdoor.htm

These will allow separate control of each door.

Not found a cheap kit yet though.