Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 19th June 2005, 20:48

busaman is on a distinguished road
Default Scorhill magic

I'm new to this forum! Have just bought a Scorhill Magic, and cant find anything out about these cars on the Net. I know that the engine / running gear is Ford, but thats about all!
If anyone can shed light upon the car, I'd be grateful.
Cheers
Ed
Available from eBay
Old 4th July 2005, 08:28
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Come on Ferg your the historical man

John

Madabout-Kitcars.com
Old 6th July 2005, 15:56
Enthusiast

Ferg is on a distinguished road

Hmmm.. thing is I can't remember all of them these days. My brain has reached capacity and has started to delete some of the older stuff.
I have a feeling it's related to the fabulous, rally-heritage Magenta, but I may be wrong. There's certainly a club for the Magic (I think).
Old 18th July 2005, 22:05

markbaker is on a distinguished road
Default Scorhill Magic

I am currently rebuilding one of these, see the previous post about the where abouts of the moulds now dated April 23rd, it seems no one knows what has happened to them!
Origionally they were based on either MGB or Cortina 3/4/5 running gear but the earlier was dropped as MG enthusiasts wanted to restore them and cortinas were more readily available. The moulding origionally had a small bulge above the front grill to allow for the mg style front but the later ones had this removed.
In the late 80's Robert Taylor in Godalming built one and enjoyed it so much he marketed the car using his 2.3 V6 (in Yellow!) as a demonstrator.
At this time Jago were making the chassis for Robert.
I have pictures of a Magic (not mine as it's still being rebuilt) if anyone is interested what the fuss is all about. Drop me an e-mail and i'll send a few pictures across, mark@thepembertonarms.co.uk
Old 22nd November 2005, 08:29

uliw2004 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scorhill-Fans,

I found this posting just now. In the summer 2004, I bought a Scorhill Magic built in 1977, that was imported to Germany. Until this time, it was only registered in GB. It bases on a Cortina 2.0 OHC. Thinking, that we all are the EU, I expected to get the admittance to drive this car in Germany without any problems. But the technical inspection authority (in Germany called TÜV) needed a complete set of tests, as if the car wasn´t licensed at any time. I had all documents including the test certificate from the department of transport, but they needed their own tests. But the Scorhill was in good conditions and after 14 days, I got the german motor vehicle registration certificate. Some pics of our car you can find here: http://www.dutton-club.de/DC-frameset.html under Galerie, Nr. 22.
During the last winter, I dismantled the rear axle, derusted and colored all parts and replaced the rear brakes with complete new parts. Also the seats were dismantled (the Scorhill was equipped with Cobra seats, but they were very broad and the headrest was damaged by the roll bar). I rebuilded them a little bit smaller and they were padded with black and yellow car-leather. In this winter, I want to replace the dashboard by a self-builded from root-wood an add some instrument. Also the front axle will be restored and all rubber bushes will be replaced by Polyurethane-bushes from Deflex. Also the engine will be cleaned and tuned up. I hope, that we will have finished the work next spring and can drive our car with fine weather.
If anyone needs informations about repairing and other documents, I would send it on a CD, but the most documents are in german.

@markbaker
I´m very interested in pictures of other Magics and would be very happy, if you would send me some by email.

Now I´ll go into my garage, to get some dirty fingers by my Scorhill Magic.

Greetings from Germany

Uli
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:52

CHRIS84 is on a distinguished road
Default scorhill magic

i have a partially built magic that i'm trying to get rid of... got it direct from the guy in godalming, mentioned previously. it has mk4 cortina running gear.
engine bolted on to chassis but little else is done. i have pretty much everything to complete it. just selling it because i don't have any time to finish it. i don't want much for it, i'll take any offers really as it has to go.
if anyones interested let me know and i can send pics etc.

chris.pellatt@gmail.com

cheers! i have lots of old magazine articles if anyone wants any info i'll try my best to help out!