Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 27th April 2011, 12:45

tinterjj is on a distinguished road
Default MR2 based lambo kits, feedback anyone?

Looking at buying a lambo kit for an mr2 project. I'm liking the extreme murcielargo and the European exotics Reventon. Can anyone give me any feedback regarding any of these kits?
Available from eBay
Old 27th April 2011, 22:08

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Serious question here, why?

I just don't get these things. They fool nobody, will never drive like the cars they are failing to emulate and most end up being offered for sale as failed projects or badly bodged. "Looks like da real fing, innit?" No. No it doesn't.

For whatever these cost you could have a proper driver's car. One that goes and handles, certainly better than a wheezy MR2 with added weight. Don't do it, you'll regret it.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:16

tinterjj is on a distinguished road

Yes I know where your coming from Paul, but I live in Australia where the rules for building cars are very strict. Although I have been wanting a "proper" replica lambo for years my budget and lack of mechanical expertise have made me look at the alternative. I was hoping someone on this forum could give me an idea of what they are actually like to build. As for the MR2 part the turbo version can be quite a quick car but obviously not as good as a V8 etc.
http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/murci/gallery.html
Old 30th April 2011, 13:03

PaulC is on a distinguished road

As a naturalised pom you have my sympathy. We moan about officialdom and interfering here but one of my few regrets about living in Oz was the anti-driver attitude of the government and their people. What are the rules on a more traditional kit car though? I've always though that with (say) a Caterham type car you'd be much more likely to see a return on your investment than a lookalike with an even more limited market.

What about an older TVR? For the same cost of an MR2 plus kit and build you could have a Chimaera with 4 or 5 litre V8.