Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 14th February 2015, 20:08

pam983 is on a distinguished road
Default Claim court

Hi all,
It has been a long time i'm thinking about starting a new thread on it, it's now time to do it.
I have difficulties to reach Andy ( no news since end of august last year) and i really start to get the feeling i will never get the car i ordered or at least the deposit i made to start tk001. Tk001 as been partially built but andy gave me the opportunity to stop the build to make a new one with the standard i expected. I was maybe a bit gullible at this time and accepted...
So i start this thread to know if i'm the only one or not (i'm pretty sure there are some others...) and get some help from this forum to know what can be done with british laws to start a procedure in a small claim court.

I don't want to fully blame Andy, i know he had some difficult moments but in the end he did not have a fair attitude and at this point i really want to find a way to get my money back.
Andy, i'm sure you will read this so please contact me to go ahead and avoid long procedure and waist of time for everybody.

Pam
Available from eBay
Old 15th February 2015, 12:59

Just a quick clarification to avoid any misunderstanding, especially with Mike:

June 2013, I ordered the car to Andy knowing that it would be the first one of the new Navigator shell. I knew it would take Andy more than 3 month to build it but I was patient as I expected a clean car. At this time I gave him the first £3000 to start the car. Another deposit was made in September the same year of £2512.44.
It was longer than expected with all the project he handled in the same time but I was really patient as I understood he needed to start his activity on different aspect. After nearly a year (end of april 14) he told me that he was not really happy with his job and wanted to start a new car with the expected finishing. He explained me the different points on which he wanted to work and I fully agreed and still trusted in him. I preferred waiting a few month more than being fully disappointed.

Then in june he told me that he stopped his activities and Mike was on the way to take it over. At this point I already said that I did not want the first TK001 and he offered me the possibility to take these £5512.44 back after “selling the company”. Mick finished TK001 as requested by Andy as he expected to sell it and get some money back. So please never blame Mike, he was aware and felt that my situation was solved but Andy did not take his promises...

I’ve been really patient over this year and a half, always waiting, leaving time to do his job, helping him (as I could) to find solution on the project and gave him an opportunity to go to Silverstone as a guest for an event, I just expected him to be a fair guy.

I really think there are a lot of good guys on this forum and if there is someone who can help me in my situation I would be really grateful.
Pam
Old 15th February 2015, 13:18
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Hi Pam983, thank you for your vote of confidence.

I am truly sorry for the situation you find yourself in and will do all I can to help.

In light of this listing I will be making a statement regarding the whole RIBBLE/SAMMIO saga soon which I hope will explain both to you and the other forum users where I am and what's been going on.

Mike
Old 15th February 2015, 17:07

Paul L is on a distinguished road

pam983 - Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems.

I do remember the red Navigator, as I've looked at photos of it to help my own build.

As far as I know, it was sold on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ribble-Nav.../221557455163?

Good luck, Paul.
Old 5th March 2015, 18:27
Enthusiast

Hi Pam, you should contact Rene123 on this forum.

He has just made contact with me regarding ANDY and RIBBLE HQ.
He claims he own the other car in the above photo, the yellow Pilot 274.
He also claims it was returned to Andy for some repair work but now he can't get in touch with Andy ether.

This is all strange to me as when I last spoke to Andy he told me 274 was his car and he wasn't sure if he was going to sell it or keep it.

I wonder when this car will show-up on e-bay!!!
Old 5th March 2015, 21:25

Rene123 is on a distinguished road

Mike, thanks for your information. The Pilot 274 is my car. I bought the car january 2014 as bodied rolling chassis agreed a price for the ready car and some additional items, D24 stiled dash, overhold refurnished suspension with spax ajustable dampers at the front, 1500 Spitfire engine with electronical ingnishion,overdrive gear. Sideexaust. It was planed to use this car as demonstrator.The car should be ready at middle of march.I visited Andy End of march 2014 in his location and negotiated with him and Chris further improvements of the Sammio/Ribble Concept longerterm in generell to push the sales up..and started advertisingwork and directcontacts at fairs,meetings. The car was fully payed and I got the car end of April, but the streetregistration failed focused to the chassis condition...Therefore i returned the car to Andy for chassis repair or build a other one in may 2014. In June i got the information Andy will stop his efforts in illnessreason and in August i got the information that he is in negotiation with Mike to take over the moulds to continue the biz. But Andy would handle further the salesactivities. In Sept 2014 i was in contact with Andy for further followup and i ask him if he has a contact to handle the chassis refurnishment. He confirmed the car is still in his Workshop ready for pickup..
I think its still there. Hopefully someone could help to open a contact to him for further followup.

Regards

Rene

Last edited by Rene123; 6th March 2015 at 14:44..
Old 6th March 2015, 07:18

Rene123 - Was your user name originally just Rene?

As I went back to the "Ribble News" thread and this was the text that accompanied the photo I posted above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
...Business is steadily pushing towards the turnkey direction (although the bread and butter kit sales are always there) and to that end we have appointed a very experienced agent, Rene Kummer, who will be looking after western European turnkey sales from his base in Cologne. Rene recently attended the Essen Classic show representing us and has come back with some interesting leads and ideas. His own car, a 1500cc Engined Pilot in Jaguar Pale Primrose, is about ready to be shipped along with the 2Ltr Navigator which will be heading to France, seen here together for the first time...
To be honest I have no idea what is going on, but do think this is all a real shame.

As Mister Towed said the other day, the original Sammio Spyder was "a great looking classic race car".

That photo of the red & yellow cars was a great inspiration to me to finish me own build.

I also aspire to one day adding my D'Artagnan to The Three Musketeers line up.

Hope this gets sorted out, take care, Paul.
Old 6th March 2015, 07:33

Post Improvements of the Pilot/Cordite concept.

Mike, i negotiated with Andy the following changes in the concept in april 2014 with Andy and Chris:
1. Chassis as ready drive unit with all functions,
brakemastercylindes,brakepipes,electrical wiring, dashunit,seats e.t.c.
2. Bulkhead/firewall in grp.
3. Subframe roundtube(prefered) or squaretube design ready assambled, boldet and laminated to the sammio/body.
4. Subframe with sammiobody as one unit to assamble and deassamble to basecarunit for easy access for maintenance and repair.
5. Open painted tubedesign at the inner sidepanels and rearpanels. insteat of covered woodpanels.
6. Continuing with a long version for Herald and short Version for Spitfire. BUT indentical with grp bulkhead and splitted dash.
It was aggreed to startup that longer term,also similar for the other car development car concepts. But than he stopped with illnessproblems in June2014 and in August i got his information that the biz will may handed over to you mike...
But actual i see nothing rearly happen.

Regards

Rene
Old 6th March 2015, 08:05

Paul, i see it more as a unexpected foul during his personal circumsdances. All activities in done advertisingwork with the agreed written new carspecification are stopped and canceled in contacts due to the stop in followups end of septembre. But I am missing the followup of my car and lost additonal money for all this activities,travels,e.t.c. It was agreed to show the demonstator to the interested people. Which simply failed through the chassis/ missing streetregistration issues. So still waiting in overcoming this situation. May Mike can help. Regards Rene

Last edited by Rene123; 6th March 2015 at 10:54..
Old 6th March 2015, 08:08

garyh is on a distinguished road

Can't you tell Police it's been stolen? Then at least it shouldn't be sold on... Give them the name, of who you believe has it, maybe they can visit the premises etc...
Old 6th March 2015, 08:15

Garyh, in Septembre/Oktobre the car was still at Ribble HQ. i have never seen any sales ads of this car in the u.k. Or any report that the car was in any meeting in the scene or what else.
I feel its still in his hands...
Old 6th March 2015, 11:32

garyh is on a distinguished road

He doesn't seem to have a Conscience...
Old 6th March 2015, 13:20

Garyh, the red car from pam may was not sold at ebay, i watched it and remembering there was no bidding above the minimum price....???
If I am wrong, that i think is to clearify in this forum...
Old 6th March 2015, 14:06

Rene - If you follow the Ebay link in Post #4 above, it says it was sold "Best Offer Accepted".

But I really don't know what the story is, as not all Ebay buyers turn up.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:12

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

The buyer left positive feedback which suggests it went to Holland. Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:40

This listing has ended.
Free P&P
Details about Ribble Navigator Kit CarSee original listing
Ribble Navigator Kit Car
Photos not available for this variation
Item condition:--not specified
Ended:18 Oct, 2014 08:58:34 BST
Price:£5,000.00
Best Offer accepted
This item was listed in the fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
Item location:Leyland, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Seller:kitsandclassics (228 ) | Seller's other items
Year: 1977 MOT Expiry: 08/2015
Manufacturer: Ribble Transmission: Manual
Model: Navigator Fuel: Petrol
Doors: 0 Seats: 2
Colour: Red Drive Side: Left-hand drive
Reg. Date: 02/08/1977 Type: Sports/Convertible
Engine Size: 1,500
We can now offer for sale, the prototype Ribble Navigator which has just been MoT'd with no advisories (See photo) and has a V5 in my name, currently registered as the donor car, a Triumph Spitfire 1500.
This car was built as a Left Hand drive configuration initially for potential export so the DVLA Rebody paperwork has not been carried out (Not required, nor desirable for European sales) but if the eventual buyer needs assistance in this, we can certainly help (It is a simple paperwork exercise these days)
Although in this build, the rolling chassis has not undergone a complete strip to bare metal, all joints and structure have been carefully checked and replaced where necessary.(Hence the clean MoT). It must be noted that this prototype's cockpit is considerably smaller than its stable mate, the Pilot, and along with a raised floor at the footwell, is really optimised for the more 'petite' driver. This could be increased with a little work in adding a lowered front floor along with seats with less 'rake' but if, like me, you are over 6ft, you may find the seating position a little cramped.
Note that the headrest 'humps' shown in two of the photos are included in the sale but are not fixed to the car. This allows the buyer to choose between none, LH, RH or Two humps.
A great runner and showing plenty of power from the 1500 Spitfire engine, it could benefit from a good tune to optimise the fuel efficiency and get the most out of the engine.
This car is priced to sell. . No tyre kickers or haggling once you commit. You are more than welcome to visit and see the car in the flesh by prior arrangement.
Purchaser should place a non refundable deposit of £200 by Paypal with the balance payable by either cash or direct bank transfer on, or prior to collection. We can assist in shipping but the full balance must be paid before the car leaves our workshop.

Oxford,yes you are right, i watched in August the salesoffer in ebay which was unsold. I copied the ebaysalesdiscription for Pam.

Pam is that your car?
Old 6th March 2015, 15:11

He a pic from uploading the Pilot 274 in my location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140509_142122-1.jpg (44.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 6th March 2015, 16:25
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
The buyer left positive feedback which suggests it went to Holland. Curiouser and curiouser.
Your spot-on as usual
I was contacted by HMRC from the port as there were problems with the V5c. It's my understanding it when anyway.

Pilot 274, Reg No SKK 390G is still on the DVLA data base saying it's MOTed but not TAXed.
Old 6th March 2015, 20:02

Thankyou Mike for the information...
I will never blame here someone. Mail seperate to your pin.

Rene
Old 7th March 2015, 05:56

Hi Rene,

Yes, red car was mine but far from my expectation and Andy offered me the possibility to start again a new one to solve all the problem from this first prototype. He then intended to sell the red car to raise money to start the new one, i was maybewrong and should have keep the car as it is to get at least something... I did not expect it to turn that bad.

If anyone can help us to find a way to contact him, i will be greatful ( as Rene i think).