Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 2nd February 2013, 20:23

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Of course. JG. Off line it is. I just feel very protective over this business and just want to get down to building cars and keeping the customer service to as high a standard as is possible.
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:49

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Of course. JG. Off line it is. I just feel very protective over this business and just want to get down to building cars and keeping the customer service to as high a standard as is possible.
And business that was someone else's idea in the first place

I don't like being implicated in your posts Andy, so I vote with my feet and have taken my business elsewhere.
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:56

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Andy,
thanks for going off line. I do really understand your issues with what has happened recently. But rest assured from what you have been doing you are well ahead, but I honestly think that a little competition is a good thing. You are better equipped etc, but honestly, I think Mike would appear to be "doing his own thing" rather than trying to rip anyone off. Please come to a compromise guys as you are both great guys and I would like you to both succeed in your seperate projects. So many companies have had to deal with competition, and some fall by the wayside because they get so fixated with "revenge" if you like, that the business ultimately loses out as a direct consequence. Crack on mate and get some of those great ideas out in the market. I applaude you both, and hope bridges can be built for both your projects and all of my fellow contributors on here.
All the best, Simon
Old 2nd February 2013, 23:06

tr7mgb is on a distinguished road
Default Lost Custom

I have been an observer of the Sammio builds for some 8 or 9 months now and have been inspired by the builds currently taking place, keep up the great work.

Having met both Gary and Mike, I then bought a Vitesse off Mike and collected it the day Gary announced he was selling the Sammio - they don’t call me lucky for nothing!!!!

The Vitesse turned out to be in great condition with the exception of the chassis.

However, we proceeded to strip the Vitesse and rebuild it, with everything restored and running we are at the point of putting the body on. I had been planning to go for the Sammio body for my build.

Through my observations I feel the need to add the following "ten pence worth".

I have yet to see any cars to be completed from the “Ribble” workshops, if memory serves me correct it was taken over in June/July last year.

I do note however that Mike has put out a number of FINISHED cars in that time, and from what I have seen both on here and at his workshop, the standard of workmanship is of the highest order.

It is worthy to note though that whilst this bickering and “planning” has been going on Tribute in my view have overtaken Sammio or Ribble during this time, they are outputting a number of fantastic designs and today they have now adapted the A352 shell (Jag D Type) to fit a Herald/Vitesse chassis.

This public slanging match is not doing the business any good at all, I for one will now not be buying a Sammio/Ribble. I am now considering the Tribute A352 or even restoring the Vitesse.

Andy, I like Mike’s car and its not a Sammio in my view, and if this public arguing continues you may own the Sammio/Ribble name, but without any business or customers you have nothing.

I may be only one customer, but how many others are like me, interested in the builds and learning from others experience, but sadly witnessing whats going on, and voting with their feet!!.

It’s looking more and more obvious that the days of the Sammio/Ribble future is similar to my experience of Navigators – lost!!!

Save the business and crack on with some finished cars, quickly.!!!!!
Old 6th February 2013, 11:21

steveinfrance is on a distinguished road
Default Its all so predictable

Gary Janes started a business that he couldn't control, now his team mate breaches the sale and purchase agreement between himself and another - now his team mate launches a new car - of course we all have to say nothing on here , however many people are owed parts or money although Gary Janes the architect of the failure is no where to be seen and still owes me £2000 for a kit he never intended to deliver. The best thing anyome can do is vote off the samiio ribble mike copy cars and move to tribute - i know i am
Old 6th February 2013, 17:16

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Sorry you feel like that, but dont drag me into your issue with gary. Thats between him and yourself. its been hard for all of us.