Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 12th December 2012, 14:14

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

exciting times eh Mike?

Can't wait for things to develop.
Old 12th December 2012, 20:09

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

great

Last edited by mikmiglia; 29th January 2013 at 18:46..
Old 30th December 2012, 17:51

seanick is on a distinguished road

Any updates Mike?
Old 31st December 2012, 07:08

Hi seanick

Last edited by mikmiglia; 29th January 2013 at 15:36..
Old 31st December 2012, 14:25

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Nice to see you're getting your own business up and running Mike, and looking forward to seeing your V8 special finished.

Do you know what Gary's up to now? Judging by his past businesses, Sammio, Bay Area Rods etc, I'm guessing it won't be long before he's got another project under way. Would love to hear about it...
Old 31st December 2012, 17:29

Yes

Old 1st January 2013, 14:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Good luck with the workshop Mike.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Take care, Paul.
Old 1st January 2013, 16:57

Old 1st January 2013, 19:57

Good luck Mike. Nothing like being self employed As Im sure you know, sometimes it feels like twice the work for half the money, but you do get 100% job satisfaction, and one is in control of ones own destiny. I think everyone should be self employed at sometime in their working life. It sure makes you look after every detail, and when its good, its very very good
So, when you taking a mold from your special?
Old 1st January 2013, 20:36

I love

Last edited by mikmiglia; 29th January 2013 at 15:37..
Old 1st January 2013, 20:56

Old 2nd February 2013, 17:40

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Nice try Mike but we already have an 'off line'copy of your build including all photos ;-)
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:18

What do you mean nice try, i cant help that gary has decided to remove his own tread, its a free world , unfortunately i cant help what gary wrote on the build,and i did not ask him too. and to be honest your sounding , a little un professional treatening me all over the net. Ive tryed to reason with you , and even sent you a pm to explain myself and offer to make a deal with you. You clearly think that because you bought some old moulds and the sammio name you own all rights for anyone else to sell other kits.
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:54

Interesting isn't it that the thief of IPR is calling the victim unprofessional. What I bought along with the moulds is the rights to the design and now I am in receipt of legal advice to the effect that regardless of how much you may (or may not) have changed the design, the IPR is breached and is therefore an illegal copy of my property as long as it can be proven that your product was derived from the original design (or part thereof) to which I have rights. This is why I was advised to take an off line copy of your thread in case you attempted to disguise the heritage of your product. (Note that the ommissions are clearly tagged 'edited by Mikmiglia' and not 'lancelot link'). This also has the knock on effect that any purchaser of a kit from your stock would be guilty in the eyes of the law of receiving stolen property (sorry Tirtone). So my advice to you is to stop this malarky, you are a skilled GRP and finish man and I'm certain you are well capable of designing your own, original car.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:18

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Andy, please can you remove the image of my car at 0:18s from your "teaser" video please as I own the copyright for that.

In fact you have plagiarised quite a few peoples pictures - I wonder if they know about that?

Bet you thought that copying someone else's pictures was okay? I have taken an offline copy, so don't think about removing the evidence!

Mike - you carry on mate, I would say that the "IPR" is the spyder and cordite (or whatever they are now) and yours is different.

The fact that Andy is calling you a thief is slighly hypocritical now, and really unprofessional - much like what I have seen so far from the Ribble outfit.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:25
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

No one is doing themselves any favours right now. Be careful what you write or better still take this offline.

John
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:30

Tirtone. I think you will find record of the fact that when I took on the brand I asked everyone on this public forum if they wanted to opt out of allowing me to use their photos for advertising or publicity use and saw no objection from you, nor any other poster. If you specifically want your car removing then so be it, it will be done. As for the rest of your post, sorry but you just cannot develop a new IPR from another without the original's owners permission.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:35

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Hear, hear

Come on guys. There may be an issue here, but I think that all concerned are hopefully professional enough to deal with this preferably off line, and amicably. In my humble opinion, you are all great ideas people, and to my mind no ones "product" directly infringes any one elses. Therefore you should all come together and iron this out for the sake of "all makesa" concerned. Andy, I still need a body, but now feel the need to hold off until things are resolved. And if you guys cannot resolve your differences, I feel it is all of us on here who will ultimately suffer with the knock on bad publicity and subsequent loss of sales. Please think it through guys,
Regards Simon
The 1958 Rocker
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:35

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Yes no doubt Mike used the Sammio as a starting block for the Miglia but the resulting cars are very different. I for one love the quality and workmanship of Mike's car but the styling is not for me. :: I'm sure that no two Sammios look the same on completion because of the freedom from rules that inspire each builder , it is this ethos and online camaraderie that you are eroding and frankly putting me off considering a Ribble as a future project. Let the different builds speak for themselves and give the customer the freedom to choose.
Pops
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:48

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thanks Pops,
I don't want Andy to think we are siding against him. Our concern is for all to be professional, and ultimately work together regarding their own individual projects. I would like to see everyone benefit from their own efforts and not let other peoples projects or ideas suffer. No one likes competition, but we must all acknowledge that it happens and if your "own" project is good enough it will stand the test of the competition. I wish you all the best, but only if you can all play fair and work together. This forum has shown there is enough room for everyones ideas when you see some of the mods done already,
Regards Simon