Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > General Build Chat

General Build Chat Area for general build chat, questions, tips, tricks and progress

Old 31st December 2011, 11:46

mark gibbens is on a distinguished road
Default chassis no poisitioning

hi,ive being told to stamp my chassis no under the bonnet,on the right on a substantual peice of chassis, that can be seen easily,unfortunatly my body covers cover a lot of these area,s,could i locate it on the main chassis leg,you could only veiw this from under the wheel arch,but very easy to see,would this be ok for the iva test,cheers
Available from eBay
Old 1st January 2012, 17:59
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road

The IVA guidance notes recommend the VIN should be as you say on a secure piece of chassis not normally replaced during... etc. etc.

The IVA application form will ask you where the VIN is located and the inspector will ask you where it is as he reads your application form on the day.

Viewed from under the wheel arch is fine, that's the same as a Lotus anyway, almost.

As long as nothing has to be removed to read it it good.
Nothing can be removed or fitted during the test.

If it has to be on a ramp to read it that's OK too as long as the wheel does not need taking off.

Checking the VIN is the very first thing they will do before anything else is done.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:20

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Chassis no

Hi Mark, I work for a Nissan Dealer, and several models in the range have the vin stamped on the offside rail. The D40 (new shape) Navara has the vin stamped on the outside face of the off side rail below the passenger area of the cab. The Nissan Cabstar also has the number on the outer face of the offside rail over the axle, viewed through the arch.

I reregistered an old Landrover with a DVLA supplied vin, and stamped a piece of very heavy plate and welded it to the offside front rail over the axle area and this was accepted.