Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 10th April 2014, 13:19

dave2451 is on a distinguished road
Default Engine choice

Hi,
my wife saw some pics of the gt3 and wants for her birthday next feb and why not!!!
now as she is an auto driver her last car being an FTO and she also wants this to be automatic, i have available a ford cougar 2.5 auto low milage. have emailed chris at vortex and he recommended 3.0lt st mondeo. It seems a shame to not use the cougar but chris says i would have to sort out the electrics, would anyone know how much electrics i would have to do to make this feasable,
my background is in commercial vehicle OEM and confident in 24/12v wiring solutions if this helps.
regards
dave
Available from eBay
Old 10th April 2014, 23:16
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave,
I currently make the harnesses for the Ecoboost powered cars and did look into the V6 mondeo harnesses briefly, the main issue I had was a lack on information on the Ford harness, especially on the CAN bus side of things as the Mondeo uses quite a bit of CAN stuff.
I'd suggest that if you started with a Mondeo harness and then modified it to suit it would be possible, this will be even more important for yourself as you want an auto hence there'll be extra ECUs etc..