Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 17th August 2016, 21:31

Nigbo is on a distinguished road

I have already shortened the adjuster once. I originally set it up pretty close to no gap. Have shortened it by 4mm and still have the problem. Do you think I should shorten it further?

If the problem is with the servo would I be right in guessing the pedal will not be fully returned e.g. The brake light switch might even be activated! If it was a M/C problem the servo would fully return and therefore the pedal. Should that logic not diagnose where the problem lies.
One other piece of info is that the whole setup was fine initially, it's come on with time.
Available from eBay
Old 17th August 2016, 23:07
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigbo View Post
I have already shortened the adjuster once. I originally set it up pretty close to no gap. Have shortened it by 4mm and still have the problem. Do you think I should shorten it further?

If the problem is with the servo would I be right in guessing the pedal will not be fully returned e.g. The brake light switch might even be activated! If it was a M/C problem the servo would fully return and therefore the pedal. Should that logic not diagnose where the problem lies.
One other piece of info is that the whole setup was fine initially, it's come on with time.
You should only need a marginal gap (when it is hot) - 4mm is way too much gap.

How have you connected your servo to your pedal? - have you used a clevis or a rose joint?
How well did the servo input and the pedal line up?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that your servo input valve is not seating totally, and is allowing atmospheric pressure to activate the servo slightly.
Since you had no problems with your old servo, logic suggests the problem is due to the set up of the new servo, and its connection with the pedal on the input side and the master cylinder on the output side. As you have a huge (4mm) gap to the M/C I doubt this is the problem. So it comes back to the input side of the servo.
Does your brake pedal switch prevent your pedal from coming back further?
Old 18th August 2016, 21:37

Nigbo is on a distinguished road

I have a Rose Joint connector and the alignment looked pretty good to me as best as one can tell. Don't know what else i can do, i not sure putting a bigger return spring on will help. I will check next time and see if the pedal is actually depressed or should i say pull down by the servo.

This looks like a faulty servo. Big sigh......... am not impressed with Pirate Jack. I've sent them an email but the chance of them sending me a replacement FoC is probably nil. if i had to fund buying another one then it will have ended up costing over £600 all in just for the servo, let alone all the other costs

The first one they sent was the wrong part and i had to replace it at my own cost. I thinking i going to take the whole thing off and put the old servo back on ( inadequate thought it was ), I've thrown the old servo out, does anybody have their old one i could buy off them.

your very depressed.