Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 8th January 2005, 14:42
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation
Default Big Cheese, New Year Message, bong...bong...bong

Hi everybody,

First off just want to apologise for not wishing everyone a happy Christmas and New Year. I decided to cut right back on my internet access over the period so did as little as possible but spent more time with the family.

Heres to a prosperous 2005 for everybody though in whatever you are doing.

Personally 2004 was a big change for me, going from employed to self employed (buying and selling computer equipment), as a result I couldn't spend as much time on the site as I would have liked but between myself and Conrad (the techy wiz!) we mananged to push through some updates to the site such as the 'Kit cars for sale section' the improved layout for the kit car details section and manufacturer section and of course a sister site to Madabout for our American friends, KitcarUSA.com.

This year will see more time dedicated to the site and some improvements which I'm very excited about. Over the year you will see more content coming on line - this basically means heaps more information to get your teeth into. Madabout currently runs into about 1,300 pages of information, these new parts of the site will basically mean the sky's the limit but we'll be aiming for 5,000 pages of useful information over the next 18 months or so. Watch this space.

If visitor take up improves this year like it did last then an on-line shop may also be on the cards

And on that note I'll just give you a run down of site figures; basically visitor numbers increased month on month to an average of 700 visitors a day to the site, this is excellent considering it was around 250 a day just over a year ago. I won't bomboozle you with 'hits' as this is a meaningless figure ( I've been told some other kit car site quotes 'hits' ). The site currently serves around 5,000 page views a day and totalled 1.65million last year, so you can see you're not alone, a lot of people are into the same thing you are.

Thanks for everyones support over the last year, I hope to report back this time next year that things have moved on even further during 2005.

Cheers guys,

John

Madabout-Kitcars.com
Available from eBay