Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2016, 13:53

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I was collecting some parts from my painter today and took along my iPad to show him the picture that Smash first posted of the door closure.
His opinion was "what a bodge" and no self respecting painter would ever let that out.
Old 6th May 2016, 16:54

ericholm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
.........I notice on Eric's build that he has his filler in-between yours and the original. It doesn't look so good but might be a better compromise.........
Filler position on mine was in best place to allow room for cap mounting and extension. Actually I followed what Hurnleft did so I knew it would work, the kit/panel came from Tribute with it in that location. However I had to 'adjust' the space behind it to accommodate the fitting to make sure there was gaps around it and no rubbing. There is a lovely 's' bend in the flexible extension part and I have not had any issues filling the tank.

From an aesthetic point of view I would have preferred it right at the back though at top corner of boot.

Cheers.
Old 6th May 2016, 19:57

Jeff H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Don't be put off Barber
Like everything in life research and see the product in real before you decide.
Chris and Dan are open and honest and they don't produce built cars
All cars on the stand at Stoneleigh were customer cars
So you can see whats possible

I agree with this, I really can't fault Chris or Dan, Chris has answered every E-mail and returned every phone call immediately, every bodies budget will be different, which in turn will produce different levels of finished cars.

I have picked up a lot of useful info on here regarding building one of these, I will use a few tricks shared on here and I am grateful for that.
Old 6th May 2016, 20:16
Administrator

madaboutadmin has disabled reputation

The direction of this thread has been brought to my attention by both Smash and Richard.

Both sides have had an 'airing', thankfully in a civilised manner and I think it is good to get both perspectives.

The thread has the potential to go downhill from here if I leave it open, so I will close it now.

For the record, SpeedJunkie and Mechanik appear to be the same person based on the IP record but are NOT linked to Richard as far as I can tell.

John
Closed Thread