Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 30th October 2012, 07:06

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazDavies View Post
I like the way a Sammio has gone from being the work of the devil when he was trying to buy one cheap and now he owns one they can do no wrong and have become uber desireable.

The truth is that a person wants what they want and nobody else should be trying to judge and if it makes you feel any better, I dont see any overspray on the Lambo at all!
That was kind of what i was thinking gaz, maybe we have another victor meldrew on here lmao
Old 30th October 2012, 07:34

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazDavies View Post
It doesn't have a gel coat finish, it's painted. Maybe you would like it more if its plastic pretend Lamborghini status was actually a plastic pretend Lancia status?
Erm, could you look up 'irony' on widipedia please Gaz, only I meant those comments to be a humourous pastiche* of Micha's hostile posts (again ) rather than the Countach replica, which looks, erm. It looks quite, erm, rather, erm...

Ah yes, isn't the weather terrible in America at the moment?

* kit car pun fully intended.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:12

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Sorry Towed, maybe our ideas of irony are a little different as I see nothing ironic in what you wrote. The Countach IS just a plastic car pretending to be a Lambo after all but Dave has made the decision that that is what he wants so who are we to tell him that he is wrong?
Old 30th October 2012, 10:01

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Everyone has their own opinion, everyone has their own taste, i respect that. Just look at Sammios, no 2 are the same! but we all just accept that and just get on with it.

At the end of the day our cars are just re-bodied Triumphs and whenever anyone asks me about my car I'm always fully open and honest about that and I tend to find that people will like it or hate it. The same is true for just about any car.

An interesting anecdote that i don't think many of you will be aware of is that old man Lamborghini himself had seen a few Countach replicas back in the 80's and his response sums it up for me. He said that while he was proud and protective of what he had created he was very impressed that it inspired such passion in others that they would go to such an extent as this.
In one case (and i can't find the link atm, sorry) he even praised some of the design changes the kit car maker had done as they had corrected some of the foibles of the real one!

The fact that the one i'm after has a Q plate would be a deal breaker for someone who was buying one to pose in, but it makes no difference whatsoever to me as i don't want it to try and pass it off as an original, i just want to enjoy it for what it is and what it looks like and for what i'll get out of it!
That is IF people actually want to place a bid on my Spyder rather than just watching it!!!
Old 30th October 2012, 10:07

garyh is on a distinguished road

Dave, what a Kerfuffel... I bet it goes well?
Old 30th October 2012, 10:19

the_real_micha is on a distinguished road

I like Countach! I have picture on my wall with James May. I prefer Richard Hammond.
Old 31st October 2012, 08:49

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

MICHA .....Whilst I welcome anybodys contributions to the forum ( not my personal forum , but I do feel a connection to it ) , you have a way of winding people up.....maybe something gets lost in the translation...I dunno .

I am confused a little , are Sammio's worthless , badly engineered , pieces of crap that are over priced ....if so , whats the draw to them , as you keep coming back ?

Are Lambo's now the new holders of this title ?

Also , your little story about the Lambo being deemed a replica by looking at the owner and his attire etc....I live in a pretty affluent area of Dorset , a town called Poole , google Sandbanks , Dorset and you will see what I mean....I hasten to add , I live just outside this area and not within it !! I see a lot of people locally that are very wealthy and many of them look like normal guys , a few even look like the least likely multi-millionaires you could imagine ...one wealthy property guy locally drives around in an old Shogun and is worth many many millions , another chooses an old truck as his transport ....
Many of the guys who ''power park'' outside the cafes during the summer in the Aston and wear all the gear haven't an actual pot to piss in ! If the credit card company came calling , it would all be over !!
The point is , you shouldn't judge by image alone....

Another thing is that the general public are more aware nowadays that replica's command strong money as well....A replica C or D type can command 50-60,000 .....not loose change...

I'm waffling , but I guess what I'm trying to say is ....whatever the posting , whatever the subject , you feel the need to put a downer on it ....please stay around , please post on all threads , but can we just lift the mood a little , please ?

As a way of maybe getting us back on track , why don't you post a thread introducing yourself properly , a little bit of background , portfolio of cars you have done , not just kits but anything of interest etc....if you show people you talk from experience , maybe they won't jump on your remarks quite so quickly......We are all petrolheads here and love cars of all types so it will make interesting reading to all of us I'm sure..........
Old 31st October 2012, 11:51

AcC8braman is on a distinguished road

Here Here Lancelot.

I am with you Dave, and biased as I am building a Countach at the moment.

I saw this come up on auction and looks very good - jealous as I need those alloys and trying to find them is like finding hens teeth.

Changing things on a car is easy, as we all do it to our current cars. Changing the mirrors is easy, changing the dials will be straight forward. You can leave them as they are too and won't deter from the fact you have a great Lamborghini Countach replica

Can't wait for you to sell your sammio and get this beauty on the road.

Good luck with the sale and impending purchase

Last edited by AcC8braman; 31st October 2012 at 11:57..
Old 31st October 2012, 12:03

Cheers matey.

atm i'm REALLY trying not to get excited as i've waited long enough to get this far and it still all seems a bit surreal and will do until i've got the car and got in it my garage!
Yes there are a few jobs to do on it, but that's part of the appeal for me, especially after building the Sammio.

ATM i have 73 people watching the auction for the Spyder which is a record for me! and still don't even have 1 bid on what is a _very_ good starting price for what i am selling! TBH it's lower than i would have ideally wanted to start it for, but i just wanted a quick sale.
Old 31st October 2012, 13:27

Dave, i guess nobody wants to bump the price... up. If i ever bid, i leave until 20 secs before and put in the highest prce i am prepared to pay. BAM, i win.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
Dave, i guess nobody wants to bump the price... up. If i ever bid, i leave until 20 secs before and put in the highest prce i am prepared to pay. BAM, i win.
I do the same only I leave it to five seconds until the hammer drops. That way nobody has time to think about upping the bid.

I've often wondered what would happen if you ran a reverse auction when you have that many watchers? Here's the theory -

Put the item on a buy-it-now only format at a price above what you think it's worth. For Dave's Spyder around twelve grand should do it. Announce in the listing that the price will go down a hundred pounds every two hours until someone buys it.

Then do exactly that, drop the price a hundred quid every two hours until somebody's nerve goes because they don't want to lose out on the chance to buy the item. The beauty of this is that you can decide what your minimum price is and simply end the item early if nobody bites. Just list it again a few days later if that happens.

It's so simple it might just work.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:02

It's interesting to note that every forum has its trolls.

As well as building my Sammio and upholding the law I'm a bit of a history buff. In fact, I am a wearer of the sacred anorak worn by all metal detector enthusists...

Having found bullets that had clearly struck other bullets in flight, I was idly looking for other examples when I came upon this thread about a Russian bullet fused to a French one -

http://paradoxoff.com/french-and-rus...in-flight.html

Clearly, Micha has an American cousin called Bill Vincent.

It's worth reading through the posts to marvel at how thick-as-pig-sh!t some of our transatlantic brethren actually are.

Oh, and I'm certain it ain't photoshopped. As one of the comments so eruditely puts it, sh!t happens in war all the time.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
the season is over...the winter starts....not the best time to sell such a car...and ..sorry to say that...its too expensive....drop the start price to 4k and it should get sold for 4.5, maybe 5.
Oh, please do stfu.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:36

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Micha , I am suprised you have set such a high price!
Old 31st October 2012, 16:03

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Good luck with acquiring your dream car, Davecymru.

If it all goes ahead ok and if you ever get a chance to drive a 'real' Countach I for one would love to hear your comparison of the two....
Old 31st October 2012, 16:04

STFU, definitely no language barrier here... eh Micha.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:08

I thought I was being quite polite by saying 'please'. Anywho, it's the constant negativity that's the issue. You do seem to have a hyper-critical streak that rather irritates people on here, who're almost universally car fanatics and love our admittedly potty creations.

Maybe something of the peculiarly British eccentricity needed to 'get' the Sammio concept doesn't translate well when it crosses the channel, and that's fine, but please could you stop pi$$ing on our parade.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:47

Quote:
the season is over...the winter starts....not the best time to sell such a car...and ..sorry to say that...its too expensive....drop the start price to 4k and it should get sold for 4.5, maybe 5.
As my late father always used to say, (and i think I've posted this before?) "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

I know what previous cars have gone for, both Herald and Vitesse based ones and for a Vitesse based Sammio with all of the new parts that I've put on mine, 5.5 IS a good and reasonable price.

I completely agree about not ever getting back the labour costs, but then again i didn't build this car to make a profit. If i did, then my per/hr costs work out at something obscene and measured in pence
Old 31st October 2012, 16:54

the_real_micha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Micha, I want to have man babies with you.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:25

phil9 is on a distinguished road

hope it all work out for you dave