Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 20th May 2012, 14:49

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Nike55

I think your are right altering mine has been a huge amount of work, I have taken some photos today and will post this afternoon, I would be interested to see comments, one thing I haven't done is given my self a completion date can be a bit counter productive when you can't get on
Old 20th May 2012, 20:44

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charman.tech View Post
Nike55

I think your are right altering mine has been a huge amount of work, I have taken some photos today and will post this afternoon, I would be interested to see comments, one thing I haven't done is given my self a completion date can be a bit counter productive when you can't get on
..probably right but a few 'milestones completed' doesn't do any harm. I've been biding my time selecting instruments, lights, considering wiring runs, hinges, trim etc but it is a little difficult trying to imagine what something will look like 'in absentia' as it were.

I think your concept of modifying an existing body is a good way to go... no worries that your G46 will morph into a Cobra!

Last edited by Nike55; 22nd May 2012 at 15:39..
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:56

garyh is on a distinguished road

A Scimi for sale, not sure if its a 5.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Sc...item4603b0e2f6
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:42

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
A Scimi for sale, not sure if its a 5.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reliant-Sc...item4603b0e2f6
Gary

It is a 6
Old 13th August 2012, 21:22

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Its been a while since this has been updated but the things are now starting to progress on the G46 front.

Nike55s kit is now finished and is with Gary to be put onto the Scimitar donor that was cut down so hopefully we will see his build thread updated in the near future. WCAs kit is next up with a few more coming quickly after that.

I am now the owner of car number 1 after a deal with Patoune and the aim is to have the car ready for Exeter kit car show at the end of October.

What I find really interesting is that so far no two kits have been ordered alike. We have sqaure arches, round arches, one hump, two humps, no humps, full screen, single screen and plans for a real windscreen so I will look forward to seeing how all of these builds progress.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:30

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

WCAs kit is next up

I haven't got the bl00dy engine fired on the £150 donor that was parked in a field in 1989.

STOP HASSLING ME!!!!

Only joking. Thanks for the clear communication on dates, delays, progress etc.

I just need to get enough nerve together to put petrol in the engine after 13 years of neglect followede by a total amateur rebuild. Currently pondering ignition timing with 5 timing marks cut in the pulley wheel and the reference mark on the engine cover having fallen off.

All car stuff put aside for a few days while I host the Big Bike Bash (www.BigBikeBash.co.uk) which has no petrol involved.
Old 14th August 2012, 21:32

Welsh 46r is on a distinguished road

No offence WCA but i do hope that my 46 is next ,as i am still waiting for my kit since march 9th when i payed in full for it .of course it is so long ago that Gary may of forgotten about it
Old 14th August 2012, 21:38

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

I am not trying to jump queues, yours may well be first
Old 14th August 2012, 21:42

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Talking G46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh 46r View Post
No offence WCA but i do hope that my 46 is next ,as i am still waiting for my kit since march 9th when i payed in full for it .of course it is so long ago that Gary may of forgotten about it
or maybe that lancia bonnet is proving difficult to produce?

HM
Old 15th August 2012, 08:36

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh 46r View Post
The best person to ask is Gary himself not have a moan here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15th August 2012, 09:15

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Some may have missed Gary's post but on 26th July he posted:

>As of last week , the G46 concept now belongs to Gaz Davies from Warrington.<

Now, working closely with Gaz, I know that this move has not been without some mysteries but as I see it now, he has grabbed the baton with both hands and things are moving along quickly. I'm sure he'll reply with confirmation soon but it looks like ALL existing orders are now being put through the mill and it won't be long before everyone is satisfied.

Again, he'll have an angle on the order of shipping but if you see this as a green field start, it would make sense, or at least in my eyes, to put out a kit or two which will generate some cash so that materials can be purchased to build the rest. This may mean a slight delay to yours, Adrian, but as I said, I do know production is now being sorted and you will see your kit soon.

Gaz, feel free to put me right if I've said anything you don't agree with.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:14

Welsh 46r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyman View Post
The best person to ask is Gary himself not have a moan here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree that i should be asking Gary . Sadly over 5 months he has not given an honest answer to me once ,and will not return calls when he has promised to. i was attempting to shame him into giving an honest delivery date . no luck yet tho.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:20

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Whether it is "moaning" or "shaming", it doesn't belong here.
Old 15th August 2012, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Some may have missed Gary's post but on 26th July he posted:

>As of last week , the G46 concept now belongs to Gaz Davies from Warrington.<

Now, working closely with Gaz, I know that this move has not been without some mysteries but as I see it now, he has grabbed the baton with both hands and things are moving along quickly. I'm sure he'll reply with confirmation soon but it looks like ALL existing orders are now being put through the mill and it won't be long before everyone is satisfied.

Again, he'll have an angle on the order of shipping but if you see this as a green field start, it would make sense, or at least in my eyes, to put out a kit or two which will generate some cash so that materials can be purchased to build the rest. This may mean a slight delay to yours, Adrian, but as I said, I do know production is now being sorted and you will see your kit soon.

Gaz, feel free to put me right if I've said anything you don't agree with.
Not much to add to this reply from Andy from me. As he has said, ALL orders will be satisfied in the very near future however I have had to move the orders around, some out of nessesity and some that just made more sense.

Welsh 46r has some valid points and I have tried explain where we are up to in private.
Old 15th August 2012, 18:21

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Gaz........

From talking to you in the summer i know some of the stuff that you were up to, but.......

Seeing as you now seem to have picked up the G46, does this mean that they'll be a mid engined / MR2 based variant soon?
Old 15th August 2012, 18:29

Patton is on a distinguished road

If there is please don't set about that pretty blue one of yours, Pat
Old 15th August 2012, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
Gaz........

From talking to you in the summer i know some of the stuff that you were up to, but.......

Seeing as you now seem to have picked up the G46, does this mean that they'll be a mid engined / MR2 based variant soon?
Its something that I still want to do altough priorities will be with the G46 for a while. It may be something that I take another look at in the new year.
Old 15th August 2012, 18:58

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
Whether it is "moaning" or "shaming", it doesn't belong here.
I would tend to disagree, in part. This is an 'open' forum and the members therein are entitled to air their views, whether they be positive or otherwise, including any 'brickbats' or 'bouquets' which may assist others in their choice of supplier.

(While general bickering or ranting is rarely helpful, although the latter is cathartic, I can fully sympathise with the plight of a number of investors in the G46 franchise, which, through no fault of their own, have found themselves in a highly unsatisfactory position, the reasons for which have been previously aired and are generally accepted.

However something seems awry and while most G46 issues have been satisfactorily addressed there is no disgrace in posting the referred comment here if other forms of communication have failed, although there are two sides to any story. Communication is key to dispute resolution.

I sincerely hope that Gary and Gaz between them are able to sort out our fellow poster's problem as equitably and swiftly as possible.

There are many fully satisfied and contented Sammio Spyder/Cordite builders out there but I wonder how they would feel if they had paid hard earned cash for a product (any product) and were still awaiting delivery 6, 12 months later. I am sure they too would use this arena to voice their fears and worries and I wouldn't blame them.

(This post is not to be construed in any way as a personal attack upon oxford1360's point of view or anyone/anything agreeing with his/her point of view or not. Using the terms 'anyone/anything' and 'his/her' is not meant to cause offence to 'anyone / anything' or 'him / his / her' or as yet any previously unknown or undiscovered entity.)
Old 15th August 2012, 19:30

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I am the first to admit that the G46 situation has been pretty shoddy....

When I sold the Triumph based side of the business it was partly to decrease the workload and partly to inject some money into the business to iron out the difficulties we were having with the G46 ( TIME & MONEY being the main problems...)

The reality of keeping the business going has meant that neither time or money has helped ease the issues ...yet.

I made the decision to sell the rights to the G46 in an attempt to salvage the situation.
I didn't want to sell it , but I also didn't want to close the shop , cease trading and leave everybody out in the cold...this was becoming a possibility...
We are now working very closely with Gaz , Andy and a local laminator to get this situation sorted...Gaz has been able to pump some investment in and I have had time to try and get things sorted here as well....
I appreciate that its been a while ...developing the Cordite in the middle wasn't my brightest move but I did it and its done... I have let a few people down...notably Adrian in Wales , he paid me in full at a time when the money was most welcome and I haven't been very responsive with my answers to him...I apologise.
Its been a very difficult few months and the strain has been immense...I try and stay positive as my passion for the cars hasn't waned , just my energy !
Real people get paid every week , get holidays , overtime etc...kit car builders don't ..its bloody hard sometimes.
Anyways , not looking for sympathy....to cut a long story short , I haven't been in a situation financially or timewise to supply everything as quickly as I hoped...when you are looking for cashflow , the Spyders are always quick and easy to sort out.

The current situation is , we have Nikes body in the workshop , on the chassis but not fixed....I have to get a few jobs this week out of the way and its pencilled in for next week start...We are finishing a Spyder this week and thats the last build for a while , its G46 , GO , GO , GO...
Gaz's G46 is also going to be started next week...Mike will do the body on that whilst I concentrate on Nikes car....
Whilst we are doing that , the laminators are doing a Cordite and a couple of G46'S ...not sure what order , but 2 are being done.
The frames are now all made by a local fabricator as well ....so we can fully concentrate on clearing the decks here without kit production holding us back.

Again , before I go ...A public apology to Nike and Adrian for the delays , I am embarrassed , its not good business and its not good manners to mess you about ...I am a bit crap at pulling my head out of the sand when it gets heavy , I have some strengths but customer liason isn't always one of them !!

And I don't mind being kicked up the arse online if its justified ...not a problem , if I screw up , thats ok..tell people ...I only object when its not justified ......

Last edited by lancelot link; 15th August 2012 at 19:32..
Old 15th August 2012, 19:32

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike55 View Post
(This post is not to be construed in any way as a personal attack upon oxford1360's point of view or anyone/anything agreeing with his/her point of view or not. Using the terms 'anyone/anything' and 'his/her' is not meant to cause offence to 'anyone / anything' or 'him / his / her' or as yet any previously unknown or undiscovered entity.)
Not taken as a personal attack , I promise.

I just think that that the title of the forum is "Sammio Builds", and that should be its focus. I believe that if one has a problem with a human or a legal entity, then one should communicate directly.

I shall shut up now and comment only on builds.

PS If we want to talk about "shaming", I have used an emoticon for the first time ever. Shame on me.