Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 26th May 2009, 17:20

ScottieJ is on a distinguished road
Default Kit car newbie

Hey there
My dad & I picked up my first kit car at the weekend, Its a Scorhill Magic, From what I've (or more to the point haven't!) found these seem to be quite rare, but i'm looking forward to getting her up and running ASAP.

our plan is to fit a 2.0 pinto and 5speed gear box this weekend as it came with no engine or gearbox in it.

on with pics as i guess if you guys are like all the people on the suzuki/4x4 forums i'm on then you will all love pics!

Cheers

Scott

Available from eBay
Old 27th May 2009, 17:02
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Never seen one of these before.

Looks a bit different.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:13

Scorhill is on a distinguished road
Default Scorhill magic help

Hi,
Ive also bought a scorhill magic recently, im taking the 2.0 pinto out and im looking for some advice of what to fit instead. I would ideally like something that could be used with the ford 5 speed gearbox. Would the 2.9 24v cosworth from the scorpio go in and what would be needed for this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !BSGYTb!!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjEEjlLmZ(ZQBKBdzHQ+eg~~_1[1].jpg (25.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 1st June 2009, 11:58

Hi there

Good to see that there are some more Scorhill magics about!

Just out of interest what year is yours and whats the chassis number as I've been chatting to a guy who used to build the chassis for White Steel Fabrications after they bought the design off scorhill motors in 1991 if the chassis number starts with WSF that means they built it but if it also ends with SPW its the guy i know who built your chassis, My chassis Number is SH2 so i'm not sure if that means it was the second one built on the Cortina running gear as it the MaGiC was originally based on an MGC, hence the name, however this was when they were built by a company called MFE.

As for your question there are various bell housings available to mount lots of different engines to the Type 9 gearbox, just do a search on 'type 9 gearbox' and it should come up with plenty of options, you can even fit a rover v8 with slight mods to the chassis.

Last edited by ScottieJ; 1st June 2009 at 16:26..
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:22

Scorhill is on a distinguished road
Default Scorhill magic

Hi Scott,
Thanks for all the great info, theres hardly anything about these anywhere. My scorhill is registered as a 1981 Xreg, but I cant find the chassis or vin number anywhere, have you got any idea where they were stamped. Mines also got the cortina running gear. Ive taken the 2.0 pinto and type 9 gearbox out of mine and have chosen to go for a 2.0 dohc sierra unit (although the v8 was very tempting). If your going to fit a 2.0 pinto watch out for the transit pinto as its got the stronger 205 block, but youll need to swap the flywheel as its bigger. I think the compression is also lower.
Let me know how you get on with yours and post some pics of how it turns out and ill do the same
Thanks again
Wayne

Last edited by Scorhill; 3rd June 2009 at 22:50..
Old 4th June 2009, 16:37

likewise! I haven't got a clue where the chassis number is stamped, had it up on the lift last weekend looking everywhere for it, should have it on your log book though!

Yeah I've got the 205 block, didn't actually check before we got it but luckily it was on the look out for a flywheel at the moment, there are a few on Ebay so should have one soon! also picked up a 32/36 dgav weber and inlet the other day, all I need now is a fast road cam and I should see around 135BHP not too much but it should be fun in such a light car and not drink too much fuel.

Just been giving mine a general service at the moment as it's been sat for a year or so I free'd up the brakes amongst other things and I've been cleaning up the chassis and giving it a lick of paint as there was a lot of surface rust.

Scott
Old 15th August 2010, 12:58

Ballores is on a distinguished road

A bit late in my reply I have just bought one off the bay lovely vehicle minimal surface rust where are you guys located my chassis number is on a plate above the bulkhead where the pedals are
Old 15th August 2010, 23:03

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Wow! Can you say all that in one breath?

Old 16th August 2010, 07:52

Many apologies for the lack of punctuation,am using a telephone which is no excuse,will tidy it up on my next posting regards Nick.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:23

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Just joshin'

How's the car coming along?
Old 6th September 2010, 16:50

the fiddler is on a distinguished road
Default scorhill magic

hi scott
from 1 newbie to another, this is sounding like the re-birth of the scorhill magic.
sorry to top trump you my chassy number is sh 1. i believe this car was the 1 used by Robert taylor as his demonstrator in the 80,s (see thread from markbaker 18th july 2005), thier was not much left when i bought it 20 months ago just fiberglass, chassy and a siezed 1600 pinto, no running gear, sterring or interior.
so am going the easy way, to start off got hold of mk 5 crausader 2.0. now have a rolling chassy with engine and box........ work goes on
itwould be fun if we could all get together some day
Old 6th September 2010, 17:42

Talking Scorhill

Mine is all up and running flew through the MOT and have been waking up the neighbours at 5.30,when the weather is good,lovely little car getting a bit of attention around chichester.
Would love to meet up with you guys when all our magic's are road legal ,off to brands hatch for the kit car show next month,anyone else going? Nick
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:31

hi all magic owners. i am in need of hinges for my boot lid, does any body know what they might come from.
many thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:43

I will have a look in the build manual maybe mentioned in there will keep you posted
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:23

that would be great thank you. did wonder about a meet this wkend but the weather does not look to good
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:08

Weekend would have been good , have the house to myself no kids or mrs to worry about ,can't find the build manual at the moment will try to sort it out by the weekend dud you get my number btw?
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:27

artyis200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fiddler View Post
hi all magic owners. i am in need of hinges for my boot lid, does any body know what they might come from.
many thanks
hi mate try here, and get a free catalog of them,

https://www.europaspares.com/BRIGHTWORK/
Old 27th September 2010, 07:44

jacobs is on a distinguished road
Default Kit car newbie

Many car leather repair woks guide and reports are difficult to understand, especially if you are new to do it yourself auto repairs, but the article below is a simple guide that is prepared to address the problems faced by auto repairs newbie, so that you can easily and effective get your car interior restored according to your taste in time of rips, and wears. Your kid, old usage, or just anything can make your vehicle interior leathers torn, you can not really avoid that, if it has not happen now it will happen one day, and you do not need to just stand and blame the cause but to take the right action.

Last edited by jacobs; 16th December 2010 at 07:31..
Old 27th September 2010, 15:36

Had a look for the build manual can't find it will let you know if I do Nick
Old 30th November 2010, 15:27

ok you can all stop worring the boot hinges come off of a LOTUS ELAN