Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 30th October 2004, 13:45
Kit Car Dreamer

mattnedgus is on a distinguished road
Default Strathcarron!

Has anyone heard of the Strathcarron? I did a search on the web for the 5Exi R (I placed an order on the doorless 3 weeks ago and am trying to decide whether to have the doors instead since the car will be run daily as my only vehicle!) and came up with something called a Strathcarron.

At first I didnt realise it was a seperate car to the 5EXi!! Take a look at these websites and see what you think:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...30&h=&t=129961

http://www.fast-autos.net/strathcarr...arronsc5a.html

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=2923

This new info definitley brings up allsorts of questions! It would be interesting to know whats happened and how the 5EXi came into being (I was under the impression the design was brand new ).

I'll be honest though, finding out about the Strathcarron hasnt made me less interested or lowered my views- if anything its increased them!

Oh, and before I finish this rather long post I thought I ought to mention that I had 2 other cars in mind (the Vindi Sprint and Fisher Fury) when I went to Donnington this year. I went to decide between them (both still excellent cars!) and came away having decided on this 3rd car that had never appealed to me (in photos only!) before. I havent even test drove it yet!

Roll on February pick up...
Available from eBay
Old 30th October 2004, 14:57
Kit Car Dreamer

mattnedgus is on a distinguished road
Default Website

Nearly forgot, the actual Strathcarron website can be found here:

http://www.strathcarron-sports-cars.com/

Matthew
Old 30th October 2004, 20:08
Enthusiast

tomboysexi is on a distinguished road
Default Looks the same but....

I agree that I actually found this available before ordering my EXI.

Yes initially I had a number of questions, but as my pal at work said, it is not an EXI that will be more personal.

In the end I have done nothing to find out more..Ostrich I s'pose.

All I know is my EXi is growing in my garage, the pleasure it has given me so far is priceless and I still havn't driven it.

Forget the S word, just enjoy your build.

Regards to all other Exi builders

Tomboys (ere Tony have you got your 'eye level' lights, mine look really good!!!!!!)
Old 31st October 2004, 06:38
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Although the body shape is more o less the same, the 2 cars are totally different.

The Strath' is a monocoque construction using it's own uprights (and I think many other factory made components) and is fitted with a Triumph M/C engine.

I believe Mark (@ Marlin) bought the rights to use the body design a few yearsago when Strathcarron were having some financial difficulties.

Again, I believe the Strath was originally designed to be a limited production model and therefore sold in turnkey only. I am aware there were a few kits sold though.