Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Contact         Home of UK kit cars - Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2017, 18:52
Cb Cb is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
Cb is on a distinguished road
Default Advise how to use donor reg

i have acquired a partially built very well built mk kit car.
The kit is built with all parts direct from mk except for the engine/gearbox and rear drum brakes and the steering column. I have looked round the car and can find all major parts on their website. Unfortunately there is no receipts for the kit or parts as they have been lost. the previous owner has been building for 5 years in his garage but gave up
It has a 2L pinto engine in it with a shortened sump and twin webbers. But there is no water system yet and the loom still needs finishing for the dash and lights.
My question as I would like to make it road legal, should I buy a 2l ford focus and swap engine and anything else I can, will that enable me to use the reg from the donor or should I keep going with the pinto.
As new to this but having looked at the car I couldn't let it just sit there and die.
Any help appreciated
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
Old 14th May 2017, 21:59
Mitchelkitman Mitchelkitman is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: norfolk
Posts: 695
Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

You can't use the registration number from the donor. You can use the donor parts, but that may give issues if they are from more than one donor (Q plate possibly as 'undetermined origins'). It has to go through IVA and the registration process, and if DVLA are confident the parts are from one donor source they then issue a registration number relevant to the age. eg If donor is 'B reg' it will get a different B reg plate to the donor. Without receipts you could be in for a difficult time - they like receipts!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:33.

copyright © 2000-2024
terms and conditions | privacy policy