Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 8th July 2009, 19:22

KrazyKen is on a distinguished road
Default Donington & Cadwell Park

Hi Guys

As one of the resident track day junkies along with John Dry thought I would share with you my recent experience of 2 circuit track days. Having done many airfield days, I am now having to travel further afield to get the adreniline rush.

Donington - Friday 8th May

Truly awesome circuit. Booked with Trackzone run by the circuit themselves where all cars were in sessions guaranteed 20 mins every hour. Had never done sessions before but it worked well as by the time you got off, had a coffee, discussed your lines, gears for the corners etc. it was time to get back in the car and line up again. Very well run and excellent value at £145, completed 165 miles on track with an extra free session at the end of the day. Weather was good and worked up from being overtaken lots in the morning to nothing overtaking us by the end of the afternoon. My 5EXi was even quicker than a historic Aston Martin and the Ginetta Juniors which were getting some practice in as they were racing the next day.

Cadwell Park - Mon 6th July

Narrower technical track but with a great mix of corners which takes time to learn. Weather was not kind unfortunately, sunshine interspersed with torrential showers so varying levels of grip did not help the learning process. Booked through Easytrack on a book early £99 offer which on paper was excellent value. In practice there were too many cars allowed to attend (65) long queues to get on track, too many red flag sessions and too many idiots on track. I was overtaken under red flags and almost had a 205 up my backside had he not taken to the grass to avoid me due to him driving like an idiot. Despite being "Open Pit" only got in 120 miles on track and that was being out at every opportunity. A long way to go from Bristol but an excellent track, as with everything in life you get what you pay for, so next time I would pay a bit more and book with another track day company.

Overall both great circuits that must be driven in your lifetime but be careful who you book with.

Krazyken
Available from eBay
Old 8th July 2009, 21:03
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Ken.

Glad to hear about track day experiences. Looking hopefully to do a few next year after doing some airfield days.

Also looking hopefully to do the Guild of Motor Endurance if they are doing it next year. I heard that you and John Dry are interesting in making up a team.

Hopfully have another 2 car 5EXI team there as well.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:33

KrazyKen is on a distinguished road

Will keep you posted on the Guild of Motor Endurance at Mallory Park for next year when they have announced whether they will be running it in 2010. Definitely not being run this year.
Old 10th July 2009, 07:12

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

What is this Guild of Motor Endurance ? sounds intrieging
Old 10th July 2009, 08:57
Enthusiast

Hi Chris.

Sounds like a really good event. Two car team, 4 drivers. I really wanted to do it last year.

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...ht=Guild+Motor
Old 10th July 2009, 09:22

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

hmmmm...... interesting just need to find another shelsley and see if they are running it next year
Old 10th July 2009, 09:41
Enthusiast

Hi Chris.

Don't have to be same makers per team. For example I was going to team up last year with a Westie.

If one of us lot drop out, team up with a 5EXI for example.