Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 29th April 2012, 11:49
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default IVA & Repeaters

Now that I have sussed out LED lights only work with the current running in one direction (I found out the hard way after wiring them in the wrong way around, and couldn't understand why they would not work!), I wonder if anyone has had lighting issues at SVA, particularly with indicators/repeaters?

I have fitted these little fellows, which are LEDs, but have no E mark, so am hoping they have "the equivalent" lux?

Any thoughts/comments?
Available from eBay
Old 29th April 2012, 14:20

Chris Cussen is on a distinguished road

I have just looked at http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Trans...rsion_1111.pdf and it does not seem to specify that the indicator side lamps need to be e-marked so you should be able you get through IVA OK with those lamps.
Old 29th April 2012, 16:08

Grey V8 Pete is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike. Where did you get these lights from? I have been looking for some small repeaters to fit discretely to a classic and these look a definite possibility. Peter.
Old 29th April 2012, 21:22

morris is on a distinguished road

Mark said he had some serious hassle with the side repeaters on their most recent build. He ended up putting them on the sides of the rear wings rather than on the side of the scuttle as is normal to get it through. If you look on the photos in the recent magazine articles you'll see what I mean
Old 30th April 2012, 07:05
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike,
as Chris has said, they may be OK, but my approach to my SVA was to remove all possible doubt and discussion.
For example, I fitted some cheap 'e' marked side indicators (Fiat) for the test and then I swapped them out for the ones I wanted after the test.
If the're 'e' marked he won't 'bat an eyelid' but if they are not he has got to satisfy himself they are equivalent, but how can he do that?
The less things for the inspector to worry about the better.
With the cost of re-tests its worth 'removing all possible doubt' !

On Ian's point, I think there is an issue with the new 'angles of visibility' in the revised IVA. Presumably, on the Sportster, the front mudguards and/or wheel obstruct the visibility of the side indicators mounted in the convectional position. (Imagine the discussion between Mark and the IVA inspector )
But I think on the Cabrio, your side indicators are mounted on the edge of the front wings so I think you'll be OK.

...peter